Hello,
on the top of the page I have a menu created in CSS.... with drop down lists... all looks nice..

later... I added wowslider right below... wowslider plugin is really cool... but the dropdown menus fall behind the slider!

so I find it is because of z-index properties... and I correct it... now... dropdown menu fall properly over the slider, but as a result my slider doesnt have those fancy effects anymore... it just changes pictures and no controls... but if I reverse z-index setting to original... then jquery effects are back!

is there any way to fix it? is my question understandable? please help! thanks

here is some code to help you understand my situation:
style.css belonging to wowslider div:

#wowslider-container1 { 
    zoom: 1; 
    position: relative; 
    max-width:940px;
    margin:0px auto 0px;
    z-index:90;
    border:none;
    text-align:left; /* reset align=center */

and here is the other menu.css file describing the properties od a menu:

ul, li {
    font-size:14px; 
    font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    line-height:21px;
    text-align:left;

Now, while like this.. menus show behind the slider and slide domino effect is perfectly working... but if I add z-index value to ul, li ... then I get menu in the front but I lose the domino effects of the slider...

Strange thing is: if I add any z index value to ul, il then, menus are still in the back but no domino effect on the slider... I have to delete the zindex value from UL IL to get the effects back....

I am lost :) anyone cares to explain? thanks

well... I resolved the issue by using Nivo Slider... it doesnt lose the effects after I set the css of menu to z-index=9999;
Thanks all

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.