I have a report page generated off of a database application. It is designed to be printed out, and I did my best to make the page as printer-friendly as possible. However, I have a problem. The layout works fine on landscape print format, but on portrait format, some longer output lines get wrapped, breaking the flow I used for pagebreak setup and generally making the printout look a bit messy.

Is there some way I can, inside the HTML itself, cause the browser to automatically print in landscape format when this page is printed, or is this task something that would have to be modified inside the browser itself?

Unfortunately you can't force a browser to print using landscape. The user has to select that themselves. The best you can do is encourage them to print using landscape with a pop up or something when the printer friendly page loads.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.