I am currently using dreamweaver cs3 to design a website for my company. I am familiar with html but lack much "know-how" in the css language.

I have created all of the layout features in photoshop cs3 and have saved them as images.
i.e: nav bar, header, footer, ect ect.

I have used a table to put these images in proper placeholding alignment.

I want to be able to get my content text over my middle image.

i have used absolute positioning and a z-index to place that text over the image. In DW before i preview the site in IE 6 it shows the text with its positioning over the image like asked. Here is my code to do this

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<style type="text/css">
#123{
    font-family: helvetica;
    font-size:10px;
    position: absolute;
    top:280px;
    left:155px;
    z-index:1;

}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div id=123>
<p>This would be some text content.</p></div>
<div>

Once i preview it shoots the text to the top of my page and disregards the formatting described in my CSS.

Can someone please help me to fix this and get the text to properly display over the image with its positioning? I would appreciate it more than you know!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

in style mention the width of that content

try and increase the z-index and try them on other browsers like firefox also specify the width you know you ccan even edit in the the design after coding it there and put the inverted commas just sometime these things coukd be funny for the fact you are using an interger doesnt mean anything you could move it in the deisn mode where you want the layer to be. cheers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.