Hi all, i have a DOB input that I am trying to output to a textfield called "StarSign"

The DOB works great, uploads to the database fine, What I would like to do is from the given DOB - Output the StarSign to a textfield called starsign.

i have dob_y dob_m & dob_d - On selection of the dob_d I wish the correct starsign to automatically populate.

I am working on creating the script for the starsign, but im not sure how to populate the textfield ??

Any help \ pointers on this would be great as a learning curve,

<?php 
if ($dob_m == 4 && $dob_d > 20 || $dob_m == 5 && $dob_d < 21)   strcpy(echo $ssign,"taurus");
else if (month == 5 && day > 20 || month == 6 && day < 21)    strcpy(sign,"gemini");

?>

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi all, i have a DOB input that I am trying to output to a textfield called "StarSign"

The DOB works great, uploads to the database fine, What I would like to do is from the given DOB - Output the StarSign to a textfield called starsign.

i have dob_y dob_m & dob_d - On selection of the dob_d I wish the correct starsign to automatically populate.

I am working on creating the script for the starsign, but im not sure how to populate the textfield ??

Any help \ pointers on this would be great as a learning curve,

<?php 
if ($dob_m == 4 && $dob_d > 20 || $dob_m == 5 && $dob_d < 21)   strcpy(echo $ssign,"taurus");
else if (month == 5 && day > 20 || month == 6 && day < 21)    strcpy(sign,"gemini");

?>

I am a little confused by what your saying and your code is incomplete. Can you help me understand what your doing a little better.

If you are trying to manipulate a field are you referring to the DOM or a variable?

Hi, thanks for replying,

What im trying to do is, from the $DOB_y $DOB_m $DOB_d given by the end user, i am trying to automatically populate a textfield called "starsign"
as the user inputs thier DOB -

Once the user has entered the month and day of birth, the text field should automatically populate with the correct zodiac sign from the following code

//this is the code i am writing to check against dob_m & dob_d
if ($dob_m == 4 && $dob_d > 20 || $dob_m == 5 && $dob_d < 21)   strcpy(ssign,"taurus");

I dont know much about php or if I should be thinking of using java script, but again, I dont really know much about Java either,

any pointers on this would be much appreciated
many thanks
Lloyd

Hi, thanks for replying,

What im trying to do is, from the $DOB_y $DOB_m $DOB_d given by the end user, i am trying to automatically populate a textfield called "starsign"

Once the user has entered the month and day of birth, the text field should automatically populate with the correct zodiac sign from the following code

if ($dob_m == 4 && $dob_d > 20 || $dob_m == 5 && $dob_d < 21)   strcpy(ssign,"taurus");

I dont know much about php or if I should be thinking of using java script, but again, I dont really know much about Java either,

many thanks
Lloyd

You need to make sure that you are actually writing one thing or another.
strcpy() is not a PHP method.
The manual is on line.

Hi, thanks for replying,

many thanks
Lloyd

the ifs look good but you should make the statment read

if (){
$sign="Taurus";
echo $sign;
}

doing this will generate a line on an html page withe sign. You can not manipulate text fields like java or C# or as3 but you can echo or print out html tags and text. if you echo your text you will need to space or manipulate using css and html.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.