I am currently running two systems off of my Keyboard, Video and Mouse (KVM) Switch.

From the beginning this Belkin KVM switch was leaking power to the New Computer which was built for me.

Now it seems I am not able to switch over to the old system.

Any suggestions on what could be the problem. The KVM switch is not using an alternate power source, and if the computer that I cannot get to is not on, I cannot start the New computer.

Thanks for your Help.

bvb720

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I do think you have a kvm with a 1 and 2 marked on the main body ,make sure 1 is going to the your main computer ,i had one of those and made that error a few time when hooking it up.
now i have a IOGear and it doesn't make any difference what one is what !!!

I do think you have a kvm with a 1 and 2 marked on the main body ,make sure 1 is going to the your main computer ,i had one of those and made that error a few time when hooking it up.
now i have a IOGear and it doesn't make any difference what one is what !!!

Thanks for your reply. I thought that might be the problem but was not sure. I will try that right away.

Again Thanks for your suggestion.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.