My PC is on ME. I have been running two HP printers (one colour, 1 B&W, which could be selected by a switch console.) Recently changed the HP colour printer for an Epsom which runs OK. But the HP B&W will now not print more than a few lines and a message appears on screen saying 'Parameters are incorrect' yet this printer was without problems previously.
It's driving me nuts! I have checked for more updates from HP (none). the paper sizes are correct, all cables seem OK, checked Properties - OK, ......
help please guys! :rolleyes:
Tez

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Sounds like a drive issue .did you uninstall the other hp ,If not
Go to Start/Settings/printers ,uninstall and make sure the other HP is installed correctly ,maybe just reload the drivers for it !

Thanks Caperjack - tried as you suggested but still no luck.
Not sure where I go from here, perhaps I have to bin the printer??
Tez

maybe you can try using it on a different computer. just to check if it's the printer that's causing the problem or not...

I have been running two HP printers (one colour, 1 B&W, which could be selected by a switch console.)

If you're talking about an external switch box here, what's probably going on is that when you switch from the Epson to the HP with the switch, you aren't also changing your selected printer from the Epson to the HP in your (software) printer setup. That is, you're physically printing to the HP, but still using the Epson driver. If that's the case, the reason the two HP printers worked together was that whatever HP driver you were using was compatible with both HP printers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.