I replaced the cmos battery a few days ago, and now the laptop won't boot. The power comes on, the USB ports get power (mouse lit up), fan starts, HD starts for a few secs, then stops, screen stays blank. There are no beeps.

I have an averatec 6115. I don't know the motherboard type and I've searched for some info, but nothing came up. I have 512MB, 80Gb HD, Sempron 3100, SISM760 on board GFX.

I have looked for a jumper switch, NONE.

I have checked the battery voltage. OK (3V)

I have taken the battery out for 30 mins, and tried putting it back in. DIDN'T WORK.

I am lost on what to do. Can I make a boot CD and boot into BIOS or DOS to change settings? Will that help if I can? Is there anything else I can do? PLease help. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

By any chance did you save your old battery?

Please tell me you didnt put the battery in the wrong way? (if so you might have killed your pc)

No, I didn't put the battery in the wrong way, and I tried putting the old battery back in and that didn't work either. I also tried turning it on without the battery and it does the same thing. I am completely lost. Any suggestions?

Remove and install again the memory sticks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.