Hey everyone,
I am having issues with my laptop computer. The problem is that it is dead sans the blinking yellow power cord looking light in the front the machine. I tried unplugging, replugging, taking out the battery, etc. etc. Well, when I took out the battery and unplugged it, and replugged everything back in, the power cord looking light turned green, so I attempt to boot the computer up. Nothing happens and the light turns back to the blinking yellow. I unplug, replug everything. Again, the power cord light came on green and this time the battery light came on as yellow. So I figured it needed to charge. I came back 2 hours later, the power cord light and the battery light are green, so I figure its okay to attempt to turn it on. I was wrong because the only thing that happened was that the power cord light turn yellow/ blinking and the battery light went off.

HELP!!SOS!!HELP!!

Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

hi,
I'm having exact problem in my laptop after trying to fix the power socket problem. I did lot of research but could't findout the resolution. Please let me know if you fixed your problem

hi,
I'm having exact problem in my laptop after trying to fix the power socket problem. I did lot of research but could't findout the resolution. Please let me know if you fixed your problem

I took it to some tech guys and they couldn't figure it out, but I have decided based on stuff I have read that it is the motherboard.

Hey everyone,
I am having issues with my laptop computer. The problem is that it is dead sans the blinking yellow power cord looking light in the front the machine. I tried unplugging, replugging, taking out the battery, etc. etc. Well, when I took out the battery and unplugged it, and replugged everything back in, the power cord looking light turned green, so I attempt to boot the computer up. Nothing happens and the light turns back to the blinking yellow. I unplug, replug everything. Again, the power cord light came on green and this time the battery light came on as yellow. So I figured it needed to charge. I came back 2 hours later, the power cord light and the battery light are green, so I figure its okay to attempt to turn it on. I was wrong because the only thing that happened was that the power cord light turn yellow/ blinking and the battery light went off.

HELP!!SOS!!HELP!!

Thanks in advance!

yeah i have the same exact problem

?Try without battery.

This is really going to sound strange but it works for us. We take out the battery , plug in the power cord to the laptop then the wall. In that order and it starts but if we unplug the cord from the laptop it instantly crashes if we plug it back in the yellow light blinkes.The battery charges fine. Still searching for an answer to that.

The battery has only so many recharges ( about 1000) so maybe your battery is "out of juice"...

The battery works fine. charges completely.

The battery works fine. charges completely.

if it works perfectly this wouldn't happen .

We take out the battery,plug in the power cord to the laptop then the wall. In that order and it starts but if we unplug the cord from the laptop it instantly crashes

do you put the battery back in after plugging it to the wall outlet

We take out the battery,plug in the power cord to the laptop then the wall. In that order and it starts but if we unplug the cord from the laptop it instantly crashes

If you take out the battery then just use the power cord the omly power is from the power cord. The battery is not in the laptop so it will crash because you took out the power cord and the battery is sitting on the table!!! This is what CAPERJACK is saying.

This laptop only has 3.3 hours of battery Run time. Just leave the battery in, plug in your power cord and run it from the mains power.

yes we put the battery back in and have no problem. It will run on the battery only or power cord also. The problem comes if the powercord is unplugged from the laptop and you plug the cord into the wall first then the laptop. strange I know. I don't know what to check.

Yes we put the battery back in.

From what you say, the laptop is on, then you unplug the cord and the battery doesn't support the loss of mains power.

Do you turn the power switch off before you unplug the cord from the laptop? It might be causing a pwer surge, if you don't. Try it and let us know.

Your battery may require recalibration.

Toshiba Notebook has the Toshiba Power Saver tool which is related to battery calibration. This toolsis installed with the Recovery CD or you can install it from your Tools & Utilities CD!

At https://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com you will find in the driverdownload section a current version of the Power Saver!

If your unit is preinstalled with Toshiba recovery CD you can find a tool called “Toshiba Power Saver”. This tool is created to help you making a lot of different settings. This tool show you the actual power source, battery remaining and battery life in standby.

You can start this tool clicking on TPS icon in control panel. Please check both tabs especially “Setup action” tab because there you can find a Setup alarm settings and there is also possible to choose the right action after alarm.

the battery does support the power. If it on using the battery and you go to plug in the cord if its allready in the wall the laptop crashes instantly.

On full charge the battery only lasts 10 minutes. So I'm going to replace the batterie. I will let you know if this fixes it. thanks for the help,

Did replacing the battery help?

This happened to me also, but after my toddler pour a small amount of liquid over the keys. I figured the motherboard died and was sick of the dumb machine anyway, so I just gutted and trashed it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.