i have an HP zx5000 and i'm trying to reboot my computer using the operating system disc but everytime i restart and then hit the space bar immediately it doesn't give me any option to reinstall windows.
i basically can start my computer and then there's no desktop icons or toolbar only the wallpaper. what can i do? i've already ran norton 360 and it claims my computer is clean and safe from any viruses or threats.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

if you want to re-install your OS, configure your CMOS to boot from CD.. then install through that process.

i have an HP zx5000 and i'm trying to reboot my computer using the operating system disc but everytime i restart and then hit the space bar immediately it doesn't give me any option to reinstall windows.
i basically can start my computer and then there's no desktop icons or toolbar only the wallpaper. what can i do? i've already ran norton 360 and it claims my computer is clean and safe from any viruses or threats.

As said, you should configure your bios to boot from the cd instead of hdd. The desktop icons might be hidden. Right click on your desktop, click on arrange icons by and then select "show desktop icons". That will un-hide the icons.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.