Hello all
Well, its happened . After nearly eleven years without any problems my browser got highjacked.

I open IE and get Google , my home page ...all ok.
Soon after another additional " Windows Internet Explorer " window opens and tries to redirect my browsing.

The joys of having teenagers accessing your computer...but thats another story entirely...:'(

I really need help with this one , have tried all I know for the last two days!!!

Truely all help would be very much appreciated.

<a href="/images/attachments/1/Report-Scan-20080210-131337%20Avg.txt">Report-Scan-20080210-131337 Avg.txt</a>

<a href="/images/attachments/1/hijackthis..txt">hijackthis..txt</a>

Best regards to you all , and a big thank you in advance to all you helpful people here on this forum.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Quick and simple answer without looking at your attachments: Use Mozilla Firefox for internet browsing instead of Microsoft Internet Explorer

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Quick and simple answer without looking at your attachments: Use Mozilla Firefox for internet browsing instead of Microsoft Internet Explorer

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Yes i`m doing that already ,
It`s not exactly an answer to removing the problem though , is it ?

not really, but its good to know you're using Firefox, do you have any similar problems there?

No ,no real issues with Firefox , its a rather odd browser to use though , and I have real issues with the way the history items are handled in Firefox .
Because Explorer is part of the OS , its a real pain in the behind to see a lot of saved web pages and files that were saved in Explorer no longer accessible ( some are old and no longer online).
I dislike Windows all`round really , but to switch to linux or something similar , well, its a lot of hassle .
I`actually bought the discs to install it , but there are some real issues with help when you need it , at least windows has that.Also some software I need to run has no Linux equivalent.
Going dual boot , well , whats the point of that its just more complication for just a small handful of applications.May switch to a Mac though , I like playing with graphics.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.