Sorry for the delay, that looks better now. To improve the speed we can try a few things
Both Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger are available via Start > All Programs, you can fix the following entries to prevent them from starting on start up
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
The following entry allows MS Office to open quicker, however it is a known resource hog and users who have disabled it report no difference. Unless you make use of the Office Shortcut Bar outside of the Office program then you can fix it.
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = D:\Program Files\microsoft office xp\Office10\OSA.EXE
The next entry speeds up Adobe Reader's load not but is not required. You can fix it.
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
From the following 2 AntiSpyware programs choose 1 for realtime protection and disable the other
Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 5 and save it to your desktop.
- Scroll down to where it says "The Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications."
- Click the "Download" button to the right.
- Read the License Agreement and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement". The page will refresh.
- Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save the file to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
- Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
- Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u5-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.
- After the install is complete, go into the Control Panel (using Classic View) and double-click the Java Icon. (looks like a coffee cup)
- On the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button.
- Next, click on the Delete Files button
- There are two options in the window to clear the cache - Leave BOTH Checked
Applications and Applets
Trace and Log Files
- Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
- Click OK to leave the Temporary Files Window
- Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.
Does that help speed things up a bit?