Hi friends,

I recently used a program called "Ad-aware" to remove spyware & adware on a friend's new PC. It found 660 files to be removed!

This was fine except I was unable to establish an Internet Connection after. Apparently I had deleted files with the association 'data mining' which also corrupted a file "Wsock32.ll". Thankfully I found a Winsock fix for windows xp, which repaired this file (and also my relationship with my friends.)

When I ran this software again on my own machine, it was littered with 'data mining' references. Is there any way I can distinguish which ones are safe to delete? I have zero technical knowledge but am hoping to learn from this forum!!

Many thanks,
xxxxxx

ok didnt i tell you what to do in another post but first to re post. I duno maybe i just said re post so anyways downlaod hijack this from softpedia.com save it to the HD close all browser windows and scan then post the log here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.