I went looking for "HIghJackthis" because everyone was raving about it and I like to learn about computer stuff. I ended up on a forum called "Techsupportguy.com". I had downloaded HJT from a link there and wrote a thread to someone else asking for a .zip opener. I used a spell checker on the TSG site and noticed about:blank on a passing pop up. I quickly disconnected and erased all cookies, temp files ect. I had no trouble getting on line today but when I ran a test of HJT, the setup top line read about:blank. I had just cleaned off my daughters computer and reinstalled everything to get rid of about:blank on her machine. I sure don't want it on my machine. I am running regprotect but since I got that from TSG too, I'm not sure I even trust that.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I ended up on a forum called "Techsupportguy.com". I had downloaded HJT from a link there and wrote a thread to someone else asking for a .zip opener. I used a spell checker on the TSG site and noticed about:blank on a passing pop up.

I don't think you got a problem from TSG--it's likely a coincidence. It's a reputable site; if I wasn't here, I might very well be there myself. I sometimes check threads there to ensure that I'm not talking out my nether orfice when giving advice.

As far as a Zip opener, WinZip continues to have known security problems, so I recommend the free 7-Zip instead. After installation, run 7-Zip, go to Tools->Options and check all the boxes to associate the program with the filetypes.

I don't think you got a problem from TSG--it's likely a coincidence. It's a reputable site; if I wasn't here, I might very well be there myself. I sometimes check threads there to ensure that I'm not talking out my nether orfice when giving advice.

As far as a Zip opener, WinZip continues to have known security problems, so I recommend the free 7-Zip instead. After installation, run 7-Zip, go to Tools->Options and check all the boxes to associate the program with the filetypes.

I let TSG know what happened just in case. I am thrilled out of my mind. I was reading your stuff, found a program you recommended called "about buster", and ran it. Apparently my killing all programs and disconnecting quickly saved my butt. I had no garbage on my machine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.