ok i think that my computer has a virus but im not completely sure so bear with me. my computer has been very glitchy lately and sometimes lags alot. so i did a virus scan with trend micro but all it found were cookies. then i tried the free panda scan one but that one didnt detect anything either. so then i used ad-aware 2007 and it also detected nothing. and the glitches ive been experiencing are really strange. when i leave my pc on overnight, some of the icons where my wireless internet connection dissapear. then if i load up my browser (im using windows xp btw) the buttons at the top (file, tool etc) dissapear. and the internet explorer E icon at the top left dissapears also. and when the tabs in the left side of folders extend then get smaller again, theirs a black path behind it. another time when i tried to play the music in my playlist, it said they all were corrupted.and i also experienced a BSOD that said a driver is messed up. i didnt catch the name, but when i googled it, people said it had something to do with trend micro installed incorrectly. and lastly if i reboot the computer all these glitches dissapear. so i think it might be trend micro cause ive been having problems with it but im not sure if its a virus either. so please id appreciate it if someone told me why my computer is doing this and what the solution is. thx

ok i think that my computer has a virus but im not completely sure so bear with me. my computer has been very glitchy lately and sometimes lags alot. so i did a virus scan with trend micro but all it found were cookies. then i tried the free panda scan one but that one didnt detect anything either. so then i used ad-aware 2007 and it also detected nothing. and the glitches ive been experiencing are really strange. when i leave my pc on overnight, some of the icons where my wireless internet connection dissapear. then if i load up my browser (im using windows xp btw) the buttons at the top (file, tool etc) dissapear. and the internet explorer E icon at the top left dissapears also. and when the tabs in the left side of folders extend then get smaller again, theirs a black path behind it. another time when i tried to play the music in my playlist, it said they all were corrupted.and i also experienced a BSOD that said a driver is messed up. i didnt catch the name, but when i googled it, people said it had something to do with trend micro installed incorrectly. and lastly if i reboot the computer all these glitches dissapear. so i think it might be trend micro cause ive been having problems with it but im not sure if its a virus either. so please id appreciate it if someone told me why my computer is doing this and what the solution is. thx

Hi bojadada,

Check This
Do the Online Scanning ..it just shows the virus .it wont delete the virus

http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

Regards

westerns

thx but i did it but it didnt find anything. idk if its my computer or a virus. i think it might be my computer but idk how to fix it. i used some winsockfix.exe thing and that stopped this one thing i forgot to mention where my icons on my desktop dont load right away once i reboot. plz if anyone cud help please do ccuz i really want to fix this

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.