Hi guys
Had the most unexpected problem

Yesterday I installed Kaspersky's internet suite 7.0 on my toshiba equium and got an error message with HP in it. So I uninstalled my HP products and my computer is fine.

I have just installed the same antivirus on my fiancees laptop and it has basically crashed: This is what happens:

1. Loads windows uneventfully
2. Error report asking whether to report to microsoft
3. On attempting to connect to internet - screen flashes the following message then computer restarts:
'A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time youve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer...

If this screen appears again follow these steps:
i} Check to be sure you have adequate disk space - I surely do!
ii}If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver - check with manufacturer for updates
iii} Check with hardware vendor for BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0X845182D6, 0XF045BACC, 0X00000000)

The error log created by windows for reporting is as follows:

BCCode:1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 842C72D6
BCP3: F056FACC
BCP4: 00000000
OSver: 5_1_2600
SP: 2_0 Product 768_1

Can anyone figure this out?

I have restored my sytem and the problem seems solved but recurs when I re install kaspersky. I have also contacted the kaspersky team. I suspect problen with win XP since sound driver went missing some time ago too!

Correction: Its kaspersky internet suite 2009 not ver 7.0. Am in the process of reinstaling windows to see whether it solves the problem!

The anti virus installed well on my other laptop and I had to download Avast for the laptop with the problem.

Reinstalling XP did not solve the problem.

Suspect hardware, BIOS, incompatibilities. Either way, Im happy now!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.