I'm running a computer with Windows XP, using Firefox as my browser, and I keep getting new windows opening with ads- but they're opening using Internet Explorer, not Firefox. Both Firefox and Explorer are set to block pop-ups at the highest level. I am using Avast antivirus, and I have run a few scans with Adaware, which found all types of stuff, but hasn't stopped the popups (or actually new IE windows opening). Any ideas? I uninstalled Internet Explorer, and that didn't help either. Do I need an exorcist?:S
Paul

try not to click on many downloads because most of them contain virus' because the file is .exe which comes from a unknown source. any ways, try downloading Spybot search and destroy and AVG free. In spybot run check for problems delete those viruses then click
immune that will stop the popups! and in AVg jst let it run. that will stop popups before they start coming.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.