No way. I got a month to play. Yet I know I need to learn how to fix this problem. It's getting old racing the system shutdown with my pointer on the calender display ready to click at the last second. CAN ANYONE POINT THIS CLUELESS PERSON IN A DIRECTION OF CORRECTION

Hi, do you mean to say that your system shows a shutdown with a counter for 30 seconds?
I didn't quite understand your problem, and this is just a hunch.

If you are experiencing this problem, then what you can do to temporarily abort this shutdown is :

Open Notepad and copy the following :

shutdown -a

and enter the filename as Abort.bat and under Save as... select All Files(*.*) and save it in your desktop.

Whenever you get the system shutdown, double click Abort.bat from your desktop.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When MBA-M finishes, Notepad will open with the log. Please save it where you can find it easily. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt.

Post this log in your next reply.

Now, please download the latest copy of HijackThis from Trend Micro and save it to your desktop.

• Double click on HJTInstall.exe to install it. Click on Install. By default, it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
  • Read through the License Agreement presented to you on the next screen and click on I Accept.
  • Once installed, HijackThis will start automatically. If it doesn't, please go to your desktop and double click on the HijackThis shortcut created there.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a logfile.
  • Close HijackThis.

The logfile will open automatically, please copy paste this log in your next reply along with the above requested MBAM log.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.