What firewall I installed I never installed a firewall...
Sorry about that must have been thinking of another thread, I apologize.
Try this, it worked on another computer I worked with earlier at another forum hopefully it will work for you.
Go to Start, Run, msconfig, Startup Tab. Take the check marks out of EVERYTHING there except your anti-virus program. Then shut down the computer, don't just reboot, turn it off completely.
Then reboot, you will get a message saying you are using a Selective Start up, this is ok DON'T tell it to re-enable anything.
Now try to download and run SDFix
1. Please print these instructions as they will be needed later when Internet access is not available.
2. Logon to your computer with an account that has Administrator privileges.
3. Download SDFix.exe from the following link and save it to your desktop:
Confirm that the file SDFix.exe now resides on your desktop.
1. Now, double-click on the SDFix icon that should now be residing on your desktop. If a Open File - Security Warning box opens, click on the Run button.
2. A window will open asking where you would like to install SDFix to.
Do not change anything and press the Install button. This will install the program into the default location of C:\SDFix. At this point, you should not run SDFix, but instead continue to the next step where you will reboot into safe mode.
1. Next, please reboot your computer into Safe Mode by doing the following:
1. Restart your computer
2. After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3. Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4. Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
5. When you are at the logon prompt, log in as the same user that you had performed the previous steps as.
2. When your computer has started in safe mode, and you see the desktop, close all open Windows.
3. Click on the Start button, click on the Run menu option, and type the following into the Open: field:
Then press the OK button.
The SDFix window will open containing some brief info and a disclaimer on the use of the tool.
If you want to continue, please press the Y key on your keyboard and then press enter. Otherwise, you can press the N key to exit the program.
SDFix will now start scanning your computer for known infections.
This process can take a while, so you may want to do something else and periodically check back on the status of SDFix. As the scanning process continues you will continue to see new messages on the screen.
When the scanning process has finished you will see a new screen stating that you need to restart your computer in order to continue.
At this point you should press any key on your computer's keyboard in order to restart the computer.
When your computer reboots, you will be presented with a screen stating that SDFix has finished.
At this point you should press any key on your computer's keyboard in order to continue to your desktop.
When you are back at your Windows desktop, the SDFix log will automatically be opened in notepad.
Copy/Paste that log back here.