Member Avatar for VinayakNotes

Why I want this, is because this is my passion project that I have been want to do this from a long time and I want to get my hands dirty with using the lowest programming language level. Like machine code (binary code). I don't mind if this project is difficult and that takes a long time. My goal is not to compete with big OS (for example windows OS, Mac OS, etc etc...). I just want to make a simple OS, that can show text on screen and do some other basic tasks. I have a raspberry pi (4 model B) and I think that is a great place to make an OS. But the question is, how do I begin, where can I learn on how to make an OS? I do have some programming knowledge in the past. Like for example how while/for loops work, if and else statements, although I am not so far with OOP concepts.
I heard about VBOX, but I have never installed the program.

I am really curious about how I am going to make an OS. It is really a dream.
This project is also a big inspirantion of TempleOS.

Sorry for my bad English, this is also my first post in this website.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for VinayakNotes

Also, I read that machine code uses CPU to instruct instructions?
Source: https://yurichev.com/mirrors/machine-code-for-beginners.pdf
What I need to know is, what is the practical way to use machine code on a VBox program or on a Raspberry Pi device.

I know I can use assembly code, but I want to begin first with machine code.

While it's ambitious, the only way for you to do this is to dive in and do this.

If you were looking for tutorials, you would do research on Google to start.

Hi and welcome to DaniWeb. Thanks for joining. Do you have experience with any Linux distributions? Configuring and compiling the kernel might give you the project you're after.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.