Hi, I have a friend who has a compaq presario v2000 running Windows XP. Her EX-BOYFRIEND dimmed the lighting with one of the shortcuts on the keyboard at least thats what it looks like anyways. I can't find the shortcut to turn the screens light back on and the manual doesn't help! If you can help please tell me!

We figured out that he had used a shortcut key to turn the backlight off so his girlfriend couldn't use the computer. We have looked into it and discovered that the backlight has permenantly burned out so it can't be shown as sabotage even though he did turn the backlight off and on once in a while.

Hi, I have a friend who has a compaq presario v2000 running Windows XP. Her EX-BOYFRIEND dimmed the lighting with one of the shortcuts on the keyboard at least thats what it looks like anyways. I can't find the shortcut to turn the screens light back on and the manual doesn't help! If you can help please tell me!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.