Hi everyone, thanks for your help in advance!

I have Trend Micro Internet Security suite, and can't click on a link from google or it redirects me to go.google

I just finished manually removing the antivirus 2009 malware as well as several other trojans that Trend Micro found, and restarting several times. I don't have any of the tdss files that have shown on the other threads about this topic.. but I can't download any either because the malware keeps giving me the "page load error."

Not even sure what to post because I don't have installed any of the programs with a readout of the trojans/registry keys etc. I can check this thread at work and d/l onto my flash drive anything that can clean the malware.. with the ethernet cable pulled.

Anything I can do? I'd happily pm my personal email to anyone who could take a crack at this.. ugh, what a mess. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Do the following:

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Make sure that you restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Make sure that you restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

then, run and download hijackthis and post the log.

In your reply, you should have (in this order):
1. - Malwarebytes Log
2. - Hijackthis log

Thankyou

When i download mbam, it hangs during the install - i have to manually kill it with cntl-alt-del.

I can't get to any of the links posted because I get a "page load error" in both firefox and IE -- so those programs that need to update before running - I can't run. The only program that's still updating is trendmicro.

Can't get to ESET or any of the online virus tools. TrendMicro Internet Security didn't find a virus, though.. but trendmicro isn't that powerful with malware. Can't download hijackthis or ATF. I know my PC is messed up - that's from the malware.

Is there some place where one of those can be zipped up and sent to me with the latest definitions on it?

Download it on another computer (if you can) and then transfer it via USB or something like that.......

Can you get onto the internet using the computer that is infected???

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.