Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Quite a simple one to avoid. Simply put, Firefox/Mozilla users should not accept update code being installed unless it comes from update.mozilla.org

This thing can only get in if you OK the install ;)

Nothing is absolutely secure. Mozilla was safe for awhile because no one cared about it. Now that it's gaining popularity and momentum, more and more attacks and flaws will be found.

Well if Firefox workss the way it is supposed to then the damage won't be nearly as bad as if it were on Internet Explorer because Firefox isn't as close to Windows as Firefox is but that is still very intresting. I my self use Firefox and I think that there is much of a diffrence between it and IE.

this world is sick and twisted. Im very upset by this.

I use FF too. And I find it is quite good as a browser. My IE get more and more broken with time and I can not repair or reinstall it. Some time ago my IE stoped to show JS correctly. Now it refuses to show letters on Flash movies. I wander what is the next :) And FF works fine till now.

This is similiar to the fact that the Mac OS is now experiencing viruses targeting it. Simply put, it's getting popular as mentioned.

The fact that FF doesnt use Active X will always make it more secure than IE regardless..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.