Hi all, thank you for taking the time to look at my post.

First, I would like to say that I am having trouble booting my PC, and as such, I cannot post logs. If and when I get a successfull boot, I'll be sure to post them.

I was wondering if it would be a good idea for me to disable automatic restart on my PC using the Windows boot menu in order to be able to boot it and access it, as I can't at this time. It is clear the PC is infected with malware.

Thank You.

Here's How for XP, you didn't state which OS you are running:

1.Navigate to the Control Panel in Windows XP by left-clicking on Start, followed by Settings and then choosing Control Panel.
2.In the Control Panel window, open System.

Note: In Microsoft Windows XP, depending on how your operating system is setup, you may not see the System icon. To correct this, click on the link on the left-hand side of the Control Panel window that says Switch to Classic View.

3.In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.
4.Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.
5.In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically

This thread is actually a continuation of another one. Please go THERE to continue to follow this problem. Don't post in this one.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.