Can someone please help? When I try to click on my outlook 2003 icon it is defaulting to outlook express. I also noticed a messenger icon in the bottom right corner saying that I am not logged in. I do not recall downloading windows messenger. I am in desperate urgent need to get this fixed. I do not see anything funny in the task manager. I am on a network/xp os. Two anti virus didn't find anything, while one did. I was unable to restore from previous date. I have tried in safe mode. The same program that found something the first time found a couple other things. Help Please.

Can someone please help? When I try to click on my outlook 2003 icon it is defaulting to outlook express. I also noticed a messenger icon in the bottom right corner saying that I am not logged in. I do not recall downloading windows messenger. I am in desperate urgent need to get this fixed. I do not see anything funny in the task manager. I am on a network/xp os. Two anti virus didn't find anything, while one did. I was unable to restore from previous date. I have tried in safe mode. The same program that found something the first time found a couple other things. Help Please.

first off windows messenger is installed with windows !
open internet explorer ,go to tools /internet options /programs /and make sure outlook 2003 is set as default email , and for messenger ,click on it to open it and go to tools /options and uncheck to run at start up

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.