I also found out that he has something that can bypass my internet password so that he can use my internet (not being internet savvy, I haven't a clue what that means - if he can just use the internet or he can see what I've been doing and my passwords).

I'll start off by saying he is now an EX boyfriend as of yesterday. I should have done it weeks ago when he confessed to putting a keylogger or some sort of "camera" on my computer that gives you screen shots. He CLAIMS whatever he put on has now been taken off, but I don't believe him. I've been using my laptop - which he has not touched in months - and yet I worry there may even be something on this, too. NOTE: I did find a file called "Spector" which I discovered is a spyware program but he says that program was NOT what he used. I also REMOVED the Kaspersky anti-virus HE put on and replaced it with a program called Avira.

Soooooo.... is there anything I can do, short of having to use my own money to hire a computer expert to look at my desktop, to see if I'm spy-free?

ALSO, he mentioned that he "got on" the internet with HIS laptop at my house "bypassing" my modem's password, which I (no duh) changed after what he did. He even said, "I could be sitting across the street and get on." What exactly does this mean, that he can JUST use my internet connection, or can he see what I'm doing? Or WORSE, can he get my passwords (for email and such) which I just changed and don't want to have to change again.

Thank you!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 28 Replies

Hi and welcome to Daniweb. Remain calm ok. Let's see what we can do here. The guy is a sleeze!

I did find a file called "Spector" which I discovered is a spyware program but he says that program was NOT what he used.

Did you find this on the laptop or the computer in question? If it is on both of the computers then he has them both set up to spy. We can work on both but let's start with the one you know he has used the most.

My opinion....he is lying. If you found it then he installed it. That program has to be installed on a computer, it doesn't install itself. It IS a spying program which will monitors everything done on the computer. It can monitor keystrokes, instant messengers, web sites visited, and email. There are several versions of it, The "Spector PRO" version costs over $100.00.
EBlaster sells for just under $100 and monitors activity on a given computer through email. It forwards both incoming and outgoing email to a specified email address. It also sends a report of activity at specified intervals, such as hourly or daily. This includes chats session, websites visited, and keystrokes. The installer can set the program for immediate notification when certain events occur, such as specified words or website.

First of all download HiJackThis and save it to your desktop.

Also do the following:
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBA-M) to your Desktop.

* DoubleClick mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install MBA-M.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

Now I am changing the standard instructions here just for you...AFTER you download and update. Close the program. Shut down the computer. UNPLUG the computer from the internet...actually REMOVE the internet cable from the computer so it cannot go online during the scan. Then reboot the computer and Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and follow the instructions below:
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When MBA-M finishes, Notepad will open with the log. Please save it where you can find it easily. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt.

Reboot the computer.

Next do a System Scan with HiJackThis and save the log.

Post back here with the MBA-M log and the HiJackThis log.
I am going to ask two other helpers to also take a look at this and offer suggestions too their names are PhilliePhan and Crunchie. Only follow instructions given by one of the three of us.
Judy

commented: Too true! +6

Hi "J",

I have to go back through your reply, but (novice that I am) I found a Kasperaky log (HE put the Kaspersky on there and I suspect, though am not sure, that he must have done something to keep Kaspersky from mentioning the spyware.) Before I DELETED Kaspersky, I came across this "log" and I noticed the mention of a program called SPECTOR, which you mentioned in your reply. I asked the now ex-bf if that was the program he put on - as it was the SAME DATE as a therapist appt we had - to discuss his trust issues. It appears he put it on THAT NIGHT "after" the therapist had asked him - and he agreed - NOT to be suspicous of "phantoms." He kept telling me it was some sort of "micro camera" the size of a "nail head" that he had put on. He claimed that he DID NOT put Spector on there, that it must have been on there already.

ANYWAY, another friend told me to remove the Kaspersky and put on AVIRA and SPY DOCTOR, which I did. Was this the correct advise? I couldn't find any malicious programs with either program, but since then, I haven't used the desktop for anything other than some work related stuff. NOTHING of a personal nature. I'm using my laptop, which he hasn't seen in months, but I do wonder if he has something on here, too.

I am not crazy about the SpyDoctor program but it's ok.
I would rather not advise until I see actual scan logs from the programs I listed. I cannot say anything for sure. I am not going to get into personal problems with you, I will help with the computer period. Spector couldn't have gotten on alone, it has to be installed. Please run the scans and post the logs.

"J" .... As requested, I put both programs (via your link) on my desktop and laptop computer (even though the ex hasn't been in contact with the laptop for a few months, I'm still paranoid.) The logs are below. Both said nothing "malicious" was detected.

PLEASE NOTE: My ex is a computer/IT expert. It is what he does for a living.

ADDITIONAL QUESTION: ---> I mentioned in my previous post that the ex said he had "something" that could "bypass" my internet password (I guess he was referring to my modem password, because he got onto the internet with his laptop WITHOUT needing my password, which I had changed by that point). Is this something else I need to worry about???

Here are the logs:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 2867
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
9/28/2009 12:50:55 PM
mbam-log-2009-09-28 (12-50-55).txt
Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 240806
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 3 minute(s), 15 second(s)
Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0
Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Infected:
Registry Keys Infected:
Registry Values Infected:
Registry Data Items Infected:
Folders Infected:
Files Infected:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:54:07 PM, on 9/28/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltpspd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service\IntuitUpdateService.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNetwk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 127.0.0.1:8080
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = local;*.local
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [type32] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISTray] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_8 -reboot 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\npjpi160_13.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\npjpi160_13.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.intuit.com
O16 - DPF: {5D6F45B3-9043-443D-A792-115447494D24} (UnoCtrl Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/EN-US/a-UNO1/GAME_UNO1.cab
O16 - DPF: {67DABFBF-D0AB-41FA-9C46-CC0F21721616} (DivXBrowserPlugin Object) - http://download.divx.com/player/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1152473460621
O16 - DPF: {8100D56A-5661-482C-BEE8-AFECE305D968} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5 Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/2009.07.28_v5.5.8.1/FacebookPhotoUploader55.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsClient.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A57B18E-2F5D-11D5-8997-00104BD12D94} (compid Class) - http://support.gateway.com/support/serialharvest/gwCID.CAB
O16 - DPF: {A8739816-022C-11D6-A85D-00C04F9AEAFB} (Web Camera Server Control) - http://70.168.149.230/wg_webeye.cab
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
O18 - Filter hijack: text/html - (no CLSID) - (no file)
O21 - SSODL: Ipxucsap - {06C3A8FF-3383-4787-B78F-35C9DD52A16A} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lanixmax.dll
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - AOL LLC - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor (AOL TopSpeedMonitor) - America Online, Inc - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: Intuit Update Service (IntuitUpdateService) - Intuit Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service\IntuitUpdateService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: lxbx_device - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxbxcoms.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Security Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
--
End of file - 9809 bytes

Please do the following:
If you use Internet Explore, please download by clicking on this link Silent Runner's save it to your Desktop
* Run Silent Runner's by doubleclicking the "Silent Runners" icon on your desktop.
* You will see a text file appear on the desktop - it's not done, let it run (it won't appear to be doing anything!)
* Once you receive the prompt All Done! , you can then post this text file log to your next message.

NOTE: If you receive any warning messages from your antivirus or antispyware programs about a script trying to be run , please choose to allow the script to run.

Thank you. Will do that now.

May I ask .... did you find anything unusual in the logs and... Did you have any response to my question regarding the device my ex says he has that can bypass my internet password?

I have only seen two log from two programs so to determine that other scans must be done.
We need to see the log that has been requested. I have no idea if he can by-pass your password, yes it can be done, whether he can do it, I have not seen the log I want to see.

If you prefer you could reformat the computer which would likely remove anything that could have been installed on there.

I ran Silent Runner but I have no idea how to find the log/file. I tells me it is in some start program but i can't find it.

There were 2 logs posted in my previous reply. One from Malware and one from HiJack This.

I ran Silent Runner but I have no idea how to find the log/file. I tells me it is in some start program but i can't find it.

It is labeled Startup Programs look for that. Didn't the text file open for you in Notepad?

No, notepad didn't open with Silent Runner nor did it put an icon for the program on my desktop or in my start menu. Anyway to resolve that?

Here is the log for Silent Runner:

"Silent Runners.vbs", revision 59, [url]http://www.silentrunners.org/[/url]
Operating System: Windows XP
Output limited to non-default values, except where indicated by "{++}"

Startup items buried in registry:
---------------------------------
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"ctfmon.exe" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [MS]
"updateMgr" = ""C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_8 -reboot 1" [file not found]
"MSMSGS" = ""C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background" [MS]
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"QuickTime Task" = ""C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime" ["Apple Inc."]
"iTunesHelper" = ""C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"" ["Apple Inc."]
"type32" = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"" [MS]
"NeroCheck" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe" ["Ahead Software Gmbh"]
"IntelliPoint" = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"" [MS]
"IgfxTray" = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray..exe" ["Intel Corporation"]
"HotKeysCmds" = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd..exe" ["Intel Corporation"]
"GrooveMonitor" = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"" [MS]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher" = ""C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"" ["Adobe Systems Incorporated"]
"ISTray" = ""C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe"" ["PC Tools"]
"avgnt" = ""C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min" ["Avira GmbH"]
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
{18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3}\(Default) = "AcroIEHelperStub"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Adobe PDF Link Helper"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll" ["Adobe Systems Incorporated"]
{72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E}\(Default) = (no title provided)
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Groove GFS Browser Helper"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll" [MS]
{761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}\(Default) = (no title provided)
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "SSVHelper Class"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
{DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9}\(Default) = (no title provided)
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
{E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C}\(Default) = "JQSIEStartDetectorImpl"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\
"{42071714-76d4-11d1-8b24-00a0c9068ff3}" = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "deskpan.dll" [file not found]
"{88895560-9AA2-1069-930E-00AA0030EBC8}" = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\hticons.dll" ["Hilgraeve, Inc."]
"{E0D79304-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "WinZip"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\WZSHLSTB.DLL" ["WinZip Computing LP"]
"{E0D79305-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\WZSHLSTB.DLL" ["WinZip Computing LP"]
"{E0D79306-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
"{E0D79307-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
"{B41DB860-8EE4-11D2-9906-E49FADC173CA}" = "WinRAR shell extension"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "WinRAR"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\rarext.dll" [null data]
"{F0CB00CD-5A07-4D91-97F5-A8C92CDA93E4}" = "Shell Extensions for RealOne Player"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "RealOne Player Context Menu Class"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpshell.dll" ["RealNetworks, Inc."]
"{97FA8AA2-EE77-4FF2-9449-424D8924EF21}" = "IntelliType Pro Zooming Control Panel Property Page"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "IntelliType Pro Zooming Property Page"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itcplzm.dll"" [MS]
"{111D8120-25EB-4E1C-A4DF-C9EE5FCA35CB}" = "IntelliType Pro Scrolling Control Panel Property Page"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "IntelliType Pro Scrolling Property Page"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itcplwhl.dll"" [MS]
"{ED6E87C6-8A83-43aa-8208-8DBC8247F4D2}" = "IntelliType Pro Key Settings Control Panel Property Page"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "IntelliType Pro Key Settings Property Page"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itcplkey.dll"" [MS]
"{A2569D1F-4E06-43EC-9825-0088B471BE47}" = "IntelliType Pro Wireless Control Panel Property Page"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "IntelliType Pro Wireless Control Panel Property Page"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itcplwir.dll"" [MS]
"{20082881-FC36-4E47-9A7A-644C95FF749F}" = "IntelliPoint Wireless Control Panel Property Page"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Wireless Property Page"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipcplwir.dll"" [MS]
"{AF90F543-6A3A-4C1B-8B16-ECEC073E69BE}" = "IntelliPoint Wheel Control Panel Property Page"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Wheel Property Page"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipcplwhl.dll"" [MS]
"{653DCCC2-13DB-45B2-A389-427885776CFE}" = "IntelliPoint Activities Control Panel Property Page"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Activities Property Page"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipcplact.dll"" [MS]
"{124597D8-850A-41AE-849C-017A4FA99CA2}" = "IntelliPoint Buttons Control Panel Property Page"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Buttons Property Page"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipcplbtn.dll"" [MS]
"{23170F69-40C1-278A-1000-000100020000}" = "7-Zip Shell Extension"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "7-Zip Shell Extension"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7-zip.dll" ["Igor Pavlov"]
"{8BE13461-936F-11D1-A87D-444553540000}" = "Eraser Shell Extension"
  -> {HKLM....CLSID} = "Eraser Shell Extension"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\erasext.dll" ["-"]
"{FC9FB64A-1EB2-4CCF-AF5E-1A497A9B5C2D}" = "Messenger Sharing Folders"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "My Sharing Folders"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\fsshext.8.1.0178.00.dll" [MS]
"{B9E1D2CB-CCFF-4AA6-9579-D7A4754030EF}" = "iTunes"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "iTunes"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesMiniPlayer.dll" ["Apple Inc."]
"{72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E}" = "Groove GFS Browser Helper"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Groove GFS Browser Helper"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll" [MS]
"{2A541AE1-5BF6-4665-A8A3-CFA9672E4291}" = "Groove GFS Explorer Bar"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Groove Folder Synchronization"
"{A449600E-1DC6-4232-B948-9BD794D62056}" = "Groove GFS Stub Icon Handler"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Groove GFS Stub Icon Handler"
"{B5A7F190-DDA6-4420-B3BA-52453494E6CD}" = "Groove GFS Stub Execution Hook"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Groove GFS Stub Execution Hook"
"{6C467336-8281-4E60-8204-430CED96822D}" = "Groove GFS Context Menu Handler"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Groove GFS Context Menu Handler"
"{387E725D-DC16-4D76-B310-2C93ED4752A0}" = "Groove XML Icon Handler"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Groove XML Icon Handler"
"{16F3DD56-1AF5-4347-846D-7C10C4192619}" = "Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 3 (GFS Folder)"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 3 (GFS Folder)"
"{AB5C5600-7E6E-4B06-9197-9ECEF74D31CC}" = "Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 2 (GFS Stub)"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 2 (GFS Stub)"
"{2916C86E-86A6-43FE-8112-43ABE6BF8DCC}" = "Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 4 (GFS Unread Mark)"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 4 (GFS Unread Mark)"
"{99FD978C-D287-4F50-827F-B2C658EDA8E7}" = "Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 1 (GFS Unread Stub)"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 1 (GFS Unread Stub)"
"{920E6DB1-9907-4370-B3A0-BAFC03D81399}" = "Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 2.5 (GFS Unread Folder)"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 2.5 (GFS Unread Folder)"
"{0006F045-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" = "Microsoft Office Outlook Custom Icon Handler"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Outlook File Icon Extension"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\OLKFSTUB.DLL" [MS]
"{00020D75-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" = "Microsoft Office Outlook Desktop Icon Handler"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Microsoft Office Outlook"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\MLSHEXT.DLL" [MS]
"{5858A72C-C2B4-4dd7-B2BF-B76DB1BD9F6C}" = "Microsoft Office OneNote Namespace Extension for Windows Desktop Search"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Microsoft Office OneNote Namespace Extension for Windows Desktop Search"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONFILTER.DLL" [MS]
"{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}" = "Microsoft Office HTML Icon Handler"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = (no title provided)
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\msohevi.dll" [MS]
"{993BE281-6695-4BA5-8A2A-7AACBFAAB69E}" = "Microsoft Office Metadata Handler"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Microsoft Office Metadata Handler"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\msoshext.dll" [MS]
"{C41662BB-1FA0-4CE0-8DC5-9B7F8279FF97}" = "Microsoft Office Thumbnail Handler"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Microsoft Office Thumbnail Handler"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\msoshext.dll" [MS]
"{11016101-E366-4D22-BC06-4ADA335C892B}" = "IE History and Feeds Shell Data Source for Windows Search"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "IE History and Feeds Shell Data Source for Windows Search"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll" [MS]
"{45AC2688-0253-4ED8-97DE-B5370FA7D48A}" = "Shell Extension for Malware scanning"
  -> {HKLM....CLSID} = "Shell Extension for Malware scanning"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\shlext.dll" ["Avira GmbH"]
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\
<<!>> "{B5A7F190-DDA6-4420-B3BA-52453494E6CD}" = "Groove GFS Stub Execution Hook"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Groove GFS Stub Execution Hook"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\
"WPDShServiceObj" = "{AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5}"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "WPDShServiceObj Class"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll" [MS]
"Ipxucsap" = "{06C3A8FF-3383-4787-B78F-35C9DD52A16A}"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "ipvipdos"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\lanixmax.dll" [null data]
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\
<<!>> igfxcui\DLLName = "igfxsrvc.dll" ["Intel Corporation"]
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\PROTOCOLS\Filter\
<<!>> text/xml\CLSID = "{807563E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945}"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Microsoft Office InfoPath XML Mime Filter"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL" [MS]
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\
{F9DB5320-233E-11D1-9F84-707F02C10627}\(Default) = "PDF Column Info"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "PDF Shell Extension"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\PDFShell.dll" ["Adobe Systems, Inc."]
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
7-Zip\(Default) = "{23170F69-40C1-278A-1000-000100020000}"
Erasext\(Default) = "{8BE13461-936F-11D1-A87D-444553540000}"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Eraser Shell Extension"
SDContextExt\(Default) = "{70F8E90E-353A-47AB-B297-C576345EE693}"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "PC Tools Context Menu Extension"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\SDCONT~1.DLL" ["PC Tools"]
Shell Extension for Malware scanning\(Default) = "{45AC2688-0253-4ED8-97DE-B5370FA7D48A}"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Shell Extension for Malware scanning"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\shlext.dll" ["Avira GmbH"]
WinRAR\(Default) = "{B41DB860-8EE4-11D2-9906-E49FADC173CA}"
WinZip\(Default) = "{E0D79304-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}"
XXX Groove GFS Context Menu Handler XXX\(Default) = "{6C467336-8281-4E60-8204-430CED96822D}"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
7-Zip\(Default) = "{23170F69-40C1-278A-1000-000100020000}"
XXX Groove GFS Context Menu Handler XXX\(Default) = "{6C467336-8281-4E60-8204-430CED96822D}"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
Erasext\(Default) = "{8BE13461-936F-11D1-A87D-444553540000}"
  -> {HKLM....CLSID} = "Eraser Shell Extension"
MBAMShlExt\(Default) = "{57CE581A-0CB6-4266-9CA0-19364C90A0B3}"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "MBAMShlExt Class"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll" ["Malwarebytes Corporation"]
SDContextExt\(Default) = "{70F8E90E-353A-47AB-B297-C576345EE693}"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "PC Tools Context Menu Extension"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\SDCONT~1.DLL" ["PC Tools"]
Shell Extension for Malware scanning\(Default) = "{45AC2688-0253-4ED8-97DE-B5370FA7D48A}"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Shell Extension for Malware scanning"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
MBAMShlExt\(Default) = "{57CE581A-0CB6-4266-9CA0-19364C90A0B3}"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "MBAMShlExt Class"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll" ["Malwarebytes Corporation"]

Group Policies {policy setting}:
--------------------------------
Note: detected settings may not have any effect.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\
"HonorAutoRunSetting" = (REG_DWORD) dword:0x00000001
{unrecognized setting}
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\
"shutdownwithoutlogon" = (REG_DWORD) dword:0x00000001
{Shutdown: Allow system to be shut down without having to log on}
"undockwithoutlogon" = (REG_DWORD) dword:0x00000001
{Devices: Allow undock without having to log on}

Active Desktop and Wallpaper:
-----------------------------
Active Desktop may be disabled at this entry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellState
Displayed if Active Desktop enabled and wallpaper not set by Group Policy:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General\
"Wallpaper" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp"
Displayed if Active Desktop disabled and wallpaper not set by Group Policy:
HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
"Wallpaper" = "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp"

Windows Portable Device AutoPlay Handlers
-----------------------------------------
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\
BridgeCS3ImportMediaOnArrival\
"Provider" = "Adobe Bridge CS3"
"InvokeProgID" = "Adobe.adobebridge"
"InvokeVerb" = "launch"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Adobe.adobebridge\shell\launch\command\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS3\bridgeproxy.exe -v %1" ["Adobe Systems, Inc."]
iTunesBurnCDOnArrival\
"Provider" = "iTunes"
"InvokeProgID" = "iTunes.BurnCD"
"InvokeVerb" = "burn"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\iTunes.BurnCD\shell\burn\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /AutoPlayBurn "%L"" ["Apple Inc."]
iTunesImportSongsOnArrival\
"Provider" = "iTunes"
"InvokeProgID" = "iTunes.ImportSongsOnCD"
"InvokeVerb" = "import"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\iTunes.ImportSongsOnCD\shell\import\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /AutoPlayImportSongs "%L"" ["Apple Inc."]
iTunesPlaySongsOnArrival\
"Provider" = "iTunes"
"InvokeProgID" = "iTunes.PlaySongsOnCD"
"InvokeVerb" = "play"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\iTunes.PlaySongsOnCD\shell\play\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /playCD "%L"" ["Apple Inc."]
iTunesShowSongsOnArrival\
"Provider" = "iTunes"
"InvokeProgID" = "iTunes.ShowSongsOnCD"
"InvokeVerb" = "showsongs"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\iTunes.ShowSongsOnCD\shell\showsongs\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /AutoPlayShowSongs "%L"" ["Apple Inc."]
MPCPlayCDAudioOnArrival\
"Provider" = "Media Player Classic"
"InvokeProgID" = "MediaPlayerClassic.Autorun"
"InvokeVerb" = "PlayCDAudio"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\MediaPlayerClassic.Autorun\shell\PlayCDAudio\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe" %1 /cd" ["mpc-hc@Sourceforge"]
MPCPlayDVDMovieOnArrival\
"InvokeVerb" = "PlayDVDMovie"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\MediaPlayerClassic.Autorun\shell\PlayDVDMovie\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe" %1 /dvd" ["mpc-hc@Sourceforge"]
MPCPlayMusicFilesOnArrival\
"InvokeVerb" = "PlayMusicFiles"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\MediaPlayerClassic.Autorun\shell\PlayMusicFiles\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe" %1" ["mpc-hc@Sourceforge"]
MPCPlayVideoFilesOnArrival\
"InvokeVerb" = "PlayVideoFiles"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\MediaPlayerClassic.Autorun\shell\PlayVideoFiles\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe" %1" ["mpc-hc@Sourceforge"]
MSWPDShellNamespaceHandler\
"Provider" = "@%SystemRoot%\System32\WPDShextRes.dll,-501"
"CLSID" = "{A55803CC-4D53-404c-8557-FD63DBA95D24}"
"InitCmdLine" = " "
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "WPDShextAutoplay"
                   \LocalServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShextAutoplay.exe" [MS]
PTSOnArrivalHandler\
"Provider" = "Kodak EasyShare software"
"InvokeProgID" = "Ptswia.WiaEvents.1"
"InvokeVerb" = "open"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Ptswia.WiaEvents.1\shell\open\DropTarget\CLSID = "{66A41C80-C64A-45A9-8BC9-0D58DE47C007}"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "WiaEvents Class"
                   \LocalServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\Kodak\KODAKE~1\bin\ptswia.exe" [empty string]
RPCDBurningOnArrival\
"Provider" = "RealPlayer"
"InvokeProgID" = "RealPlayer.CDBurn.6"
"InvokeVerb" = "open"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\RealPlayer.CDBurn.6\shell\open\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe" /burn "%1"" ["RealNetworks, Inc."]
RPDeviceOnArrival\
"ProgID" = "RealPlayer.HWEventHandler"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\RealPlayer.HWEventHandler\CLSID\(Default) = "{67E76F1D-BDE2-4052-913C-2752366192D2}"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "RealNetworks Scheduler"
                   \LocalServer32\(Default) = "blank" [file not found]
RPPlayCDAudioOnArrival\
"InvokeProgID" = "RealPlayer.AudioCD.6"
"InvokeVerb" = "play"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\RealPlayer.AudioCD.6\shell\play\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe"  /play %1 " ["RealNetworks, Inc."]
RPPlayDVDMovieOnArrival\
"InvokeProgID" = "RealPlayer.DVD.6"
"InvokeVerb" = "play"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\RealPlayer.DVD.6\shell\play\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe"  /dvd %1 " ["RealNetworks, Inc."]
RPPlayMediaOnArrival\
"InvokeProgID" = "RealPlayer.AutoPlay.6"
"InvokeVerb" = "open"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\RealPlayer.AutoPlay.6\shell\open\command\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe" /autoplay "%1"" ["RealNetworks, Inc."]

Startup items in "Owner" & "All Users" startup folders:
-------------------------------------------------------
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
"Kodak EasyShare software" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe -hx" [null data]
"KODAK Software Updater" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe" [null data]

Enabled Scheduled Tasks:
------------------------
"AppleSoftwareUpdate" -> launches: "C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe -task" ["Apple Inc."]

Winsock2 Service Provider DLLs:
-------------------------------
Namespace Service Providers
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
000000000001\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]
000000000002\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\winrnr.dll" [MS]
000000000003\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]
000000000004\LibraryPath = "C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll" ["Apple Inc."]
Transport Service Providers
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
0000000000##\PackedCatalogItem (contains) DLL [Company Name], (at) ## range:
%SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll [MS], 01 - 03, 06 - 15
%SystemRoot%\system32\rsvpsp.dll [MS], 04 - 05

Toolbars, Explorer Bars, Extensions:
------------------------------------
Explorer Bars
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{2A541AE1-5BF6-4665-A8A3-CFA9672E4291}\(Default) = "Groove Folder Synchronization"
Implemented Categories\{00021493-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\ [vertical bar]
InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll" [MS]
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{FF059E31-CC5A-4E2E-BF3B-96E929D65503}\(Default) = "&Research"
Implemented Categories\{00021493-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\ [vertical bar]
InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL" [MS]
Extensions (Tools menu items, main toolbar menu buttons)
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\
{08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501}\
"MenuText" = "Sun Java Console"
"CLSIDExtension" = "{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0013-ABCDEFFEDCBC}"
  -> {HKLM....CLSID} = "Java Plug-in 1.6.0_13"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\npjpi160_13.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
{2670000A-7350-4F3C-8081-5663EE0C6C49}\
"ButtonText" = "Send to OneNote"
"MenuText" = "S&end to OneNote"
"CLSIDExtension" = "{48E73304-E1D6-4330-914C-F5F514E3486C}"
  -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Send to OneNote from Internet Explorer button"
                   \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll" [MS]
{92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263}\
"ButtonText" = "Research"
{E2E2DD38-D088-4134-82B7-F2BA38496583}\
"MenuText" = "@xpsp3res.dll,-20001"
"Exec" = "%windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe" [MS]
{FB5F1910-F110-11D2-BB9E-00C04F795683}\
"ButtonText" = "Messenger"
"MenuText" = "Windows Messenger"
"Exec" = "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [MS]

Miscellaneous IE Hijack Points
------------------------------
C:\WINDOWS\INF\IERESET.INF (used to "Reset Web Settings")
Added lines (compared with English-language version):
[Strings]: START_PAGE_URL="http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=6&ar=msnhome"
[Strings]: MS_START_PAGE_URL="http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=6&ar=msnhome"
Missing lines (compared with English-language version):
[Strings]: 2 lines
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AboutURLs\
<<H>> "InPrivate" = "res://ieframe.dll/inprivate.htm" [MS]

Running Services (Display Name, Service Name, Path {Service DLL}):
------------------------------------------------------------------
AOL Connectivity Service, AOL ACS, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe"" ["AOL LLC"]
AOL TopSpeed Monitor, AOL TopSpeedMonitor, "C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe" ["America Online, Inc"]
Apple Mobile Device, Apple Mobile Device, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe"" ["Apple Inc."]
Avira AntiVir Guard, AntiVirService, ""C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe"" ["Avira GmbH"]
Avira AntiVir Scheduler, AntiVirSchedulerService, ""C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe"" ["Avira GmbH"]
Bonjour Service, Bonjour Service, ""C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe"" ["Apple Inc."]
Intuit Update Service, IntuitUpdateService, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service\IntuitUpdateService.exe"" [null data]
iPod Service, iPod Service, ""C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe"" ["Apple Inc."]
Java Quick Starter, JavaQuickStarterService, ""C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe" -service -config "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\jqs.conf"" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
PC Tools Auxiliary Service, sdAuxService, "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe" ["PC Tools"]
PC Tools Security Service, sdCoreService, "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe" ["PC Tools"]
Symantec Core LC, Symantec Core LC, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Viewpoint Manager Service, Viewpoint Manager Service, ""C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe"" ["Viewpoint Corporation"]
Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service, WMPNetworkSvc, ""C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNetwk.exe"" [MS]

Print Monitors:
---------------
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\
7100 Series Port\Driver = "lxbxlmpm.DLL" ["Lexmark International, Inc."]
LPR Port\Driver = "lprmon.dll" [MS]
Microsoft Shared Fax Monitor\Driver = "FXSMON.DLL" [MS]
Send To Microsoft OneNote Monitor\Driver = "msonpmon.dll" [MS]

---------- (launch time: 2009-09-28 18:09:34)
<<!>>: Suspicious data at a malware launch point.
<<H>>: Suspicious data at a browser hijack point.
+ This report excludes default entries except where indicated.
+ To see *everywhere* the script checks and *everything* it finds,
  launch it from a command prompt or a shortcut with the -all parameter.
+ To search all directories of local fixed drives for DESKTOP.INI
  DLL launch points, use the -supp parameter or answer "No" at the
  first message box and "Yes" at the second message box.
---------- (total run time: 88 seconds, including 11 seconds for message boxes)

No, notepad didn't open with Silent Runner nor did it put an icon for the program on my desktop or in my start menu. Anyway to resolve that?

This is immaterial really. You aren't going to use it again. Where did you find the log and how did you run it if you couldn't find an icon? Have asked others to take a look at the logs you have posted thus far. Right now I don't see anything untoward but this is why several of us need to take a look. So please be patient.

The silent runners log will always be saved to the folder it is running from.

Please go to Jotti's or to virustotal and have this file scanned. Post the results back here.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lanixmax.dll

The silent runners log will always be saved to the folder it is running from.

Please go to Jotti's or to virustotal and have this file scanned. Post the results back here.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lanixmax.dll

THANK YOU. I just realized that you wanted this file scanned. Interestingly, it just showed up on one of the THREE NEW virus softwares I bought. The first being Kaspersky 2009, the second being Macafee Total Protection 2009, and lastly - and THIS is the one that picked it up and put it in RED letters at the top of the page - WEBROOT.

However, when I went to Jotti ans Virustotal they both said 0 bytes. The bf SAID he removed it, but I wasn't taking that as the truth.

Where do these things come from? Could this also have been put on by the ex?

I googled the term and it sounds like there is great difficulty getting rid of this virus.

We don't have a CLUE as to the location or other than the general term MAL/GENERIC A so how are we to know what you are talking about? WHEN was this found? If it was on there before then it should have been found before by Webroot.
What was the location of the infection? And why in the world are you running THREE anti-virus programs? The absolute rule is ONE anti-virus program on a computer.

We have seen no log which says there is an infection so we cannot give any answer. You say only that the jotti scan gives the file size as 0 bytes meaning there is NOTHING there...dead, removed or whatever there isn't anything there. What was the location of the file found by Webroot?

MAL/GENERIC A generally comes from China, Brazil...several other countries.

We don't have a CLUE as to the location or other than the general term MAL/GENERIC A so how are we to know what you are talking about? WHEN was this found? If it was on there before then it should have been found before by Webroot.
What was the location of the infection? And why in the world are you running THREE anti-virus programs? The absolute rule is ONE anti-virus program on a computer.

We have seen no log which says there is an infection so we cannot give any answer. You say only that the jotti scan gives the file size as 0 bytes meaning there is NOTHING there...dead, removed or whatever there isn't anything there. What was the location of the file found by Webroot?

MAL/GENERIC A generally comes from China, Brazil...several other countries.

No directory was given for the MAL/GENERIC-A. It just came up as a "high threat" virus - along with the file noted by the other nice poster (crunchie?). It was something like: c/windows/system32/lanixmax.dll. Several programs noted it, but when I had Jotti ansd Virustrust look at it all I got was "0 bytes".

As for the virus software, why should you only have one? I've noticed, for example, that neither Spydoctor nor Malwarebytes nor even Avira or Kaspersky picked up the above noted files (including showing an "app" for "specter-gen." As I mentioned originally, I believe the program the ex used was "Spector Pro". But Webroot said "specter" so perhaps I'm wrong?

This was the threat Webroot had listed on the top of the page with the highest threat warning.

I don't know if I handled this correctly, but I just "quarantined" the files listed.

Thank you.

As for the virus software, why should you only have one?

Ok. You have lets say, 3 AV programs installed and one day you get a virus. AV 1 picks it up and quarantines it. Cool.
Then AV 2 picks it up in the quarantined folder and says "VIRUS," and takes it to it's own virus vault. Cool.
Then......AV 3 picks it up and takes it to it's own virus vault. Cool.
All the AV's are working as they should. Or are they?

AV 1 says "that's mine, I found it" and takes it back.

ETC. ETC. ETC.

You get the picture? You want your cpu time taken up with your super duper AV programs fighting over the same file?

Not cool.

There is more to it than that though, but you should get the gist of what I am saying.

================

Please download FileFind from Atribune:
http://www.atribune.org/downloads/FileFind.zip

Unzip the file and save it to your desktop.

To run FileFind, please do the following:

• Click on FileFind.exe
  • In the box labeled "Enter the directory to search"
  • Enter Drive eg.. C:\
  • In the box labeled "Enter the file to search"
  • Enter the file lanixmax.dll
  • Now click on the "Find" button
  • Once the utility has found the files click on "Export"
  • This will save a text file to your C:\ drive as "Export.txt"
  • Double click on Export.txt, copy and paste this information in your next post.

============

Go here http://www.billsway.com/vbspage/ and download, unzip and run the Registry Search Tool. Type lanixmax in the dialog box. Let it run and after a few minutes, a prompt will appear. Click OK to write the results to Notepad and post them here.

============

You need to do another scan with Hijackthis and remove the following line;

O16 - DPF: {A8739816-022C-11D6-A85D-00C04F9AEAFB} (Web Camera Server Control) - http://70.168.149.230/wg_webeye.cab

Make sure you have every browser window closed BEFORE 'fixing' with Hijackthis.

That control allows your web camera to be viewed remotely.

Thank you very much. I will run those programs in the morning. I just had to ask though ...... are you saying someone can SEE ME through my desktop's webcam? I *know* I have a webcam on my laptop (I don't *think* he contaminated that machine as he hasn't had his hands on it in months BUT he often used my desktop - AND as recently as a week ago.) He said he needed to download a driver for his laptop - why I believed him after what he had done previously, I don't know - but now I can't help but wonder if he did something ELSE to my desktop last week .....

Run a google on the entry I asked you to delete :). There is an IP address 70.168.149.230 in the entry. Copy it and paste it into your browser address bar.
Also the Web Camera Server Control part.

If you do have something on there, the longer you take to respond, the possibility that things will get worse, increases.

I apologize. I meant to tell you that I did run that google check and nothing came up. I even went to www.ip-adress.com and it showed the IP as being in Kansas under "Cox Communications" which appears to be a real company but the idea the ip was still a VPN crossed my mind.

BTW, does this line of code that you noted in previous post make you think the this program or web camera is STILL there? And would this mean he could monitor even my laptop? (Which I now use exclusively in the HOPES it is spy-free).

PLEASE do the fix that Crunchie told you to do. This has gotten absolutely ridiculous! Of course the IP number is valid. Nobody said it was not. This wouldn't be on there unless it was a valid IP address. You obviously don't want things fixed, instead you are asking questions and then ignoring the answers and the fixes given. Unless the USER of the computer puts this on there it wouldn't be there. You said he used the computer at sometime....so?

I did run that google check and nothing came up.

What google check?
If you mean this instruction from Crunchie:

Run a google on the entry I asked you to delete

then you must not have done it correctly otherwise you would have come up with numerous listings of logs from various HJT scans. If you had read those posts you would have seen numerous other people, on other forums, given the very same instructions that Crunchie gave you;

You need to do another scan with Hijackthis and remove the following line;

Make sure you have every browser window closed BEFORE 'fixing' with Hijackthis.

That control allows your web camera to be viewed remotely.

But you didn't do that, you only did the google search and an IP search which told you that

IP as being in Kansas under "Cox Communications" which appears to be a real company

Yes it is a real company, yes it is an internet provider, used all over the US. Is it YOUR internet provider?

The entry Crunchie told you to FIX with HJT is associated with Webeye, do you know what that is?

WebEye is a Web camera server. WebEye is consisted of 3 components as CCD module, Web server, and networking device. WebEye captures, processes, and transmits digital images through network. As WebEye itself operates as a Web server, it does not require other dedicated server connection as PC does. By installing WebEye itself at the desired site, you may monitor views from remote site.

It needs no other equipment except power and network cable.

I certainly cannot speak for Crunchie, but for me this is becoming a waste of valuable time when I could be helping others who truly want help and will follow the instructions given rather than coming back with questions that I have no earthly way of answering.

Judy

commented: Well you gave her a chance... lol +0

Couldn't have said it better :).

Why did your boyfriend install spyware on your computer? You two have already broken up. He shouldn’t do like that. If it is possible he installed like Micro Keylogger on your computer? Although it hasn’t negative influence on your computer, you will be monitored and he can know everything about you. I think you’d better ask your exboyfriend if he installed a keylogger on your computer and find the real problem, then solve it.

If it hasn't been solved by now, FOUR YEARS AFTER POSTING, I would imagine that there's little point doing anything...

Spector was a spyware program allowing people that put stuff on your computer monitor it from another house this threat has deemed high in AV vendors and could potentially monitor anything you do for example:
He could know any password you put in like facebook or gmail that sort of stuff.
This as known as a keylogging spyware

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.