A week ago my dad's desktop was blank. I fixed it by doing a system restore. Today his desk top was blank again. I tried to do a system restore to an earlier date that didn't work so I tried another date. Still nothing. So i undid the last restore, then I did a system restore to the same date as the fisrt time. That worked. Then I did the windows up dates. Service pack 3 would not install. (I also tried to install and antivirus progam but I couldn't unistall norton 360)The error message said somithing about the cryptographic service not running. I went to Control Panel, Administrative tools and Services. I tried to start it from there i got an error 5: access denied. So, I tried it in safe mode i got Error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start. I tried to do another system restore and got another error. I could not run system restore. I went back to Services to try and turn on system restore and got Error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start. Every thing I try to start under Service gives me the same Error 1068. I downloaded registry easy to see if that would fix the problem. It worked once and then it crashed and won't work anymore, and it didn't fix anything. And somewhere during all of this the desktop went blank again. But before that and after trying to install service pack 3 the start menu and task bar seem to change to an older version. Right now I would just like to get past this Error 1068 and be able to turn on the system restore and the cryptographic service. If anyone knows how to fix this problem Please Help me.

Well, a similar error ocured by me. Ill try this sollution, and of course I trust You. Sometimes Im getting tyred of treths. Regarads from Porec in Croatia.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.