Ok... so i have tried everything to fix this and nothing works.

When i right click on the desktop, explorer goes away completely(no taskbar, icons ect.) and when i try and run it from task manager, it says the file can't be found.
So i tried to run it through CMD, and it says access is denied.

After this, i opened google chrome through task manager and download explorer.exe from my key chain, deleted explorer through cmd and replaced it with the new one.
it worked!
And then i right click and it did it again.
And again.
And again.

Along with this, Trend Micro HiJack this does the same thing, i run it, halfway through scan it fails, then the file is unusable.

I am currently running AVAST anti virus
and i am throughly confused.

Any help would be great!

-Zander

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Any help would be great!

-- What is your OS?

-- Do other programs work OK or do they shut down too?

PP :)

I am running XP and as far as I can tell, other programs work perfectly.

-Zander

I am running XP and as far as I can tell, other programs work perfectly.

-- When did the problem start to occur? Anything noteworthy happen before issue started? (new software install or malware infection, for instance)

Off the top of my head, it sounds like a registry issue.
-- Is System Restore an option? Do you have a viable restore point? That might be easiest - Go back to a point before the problems started....

Also, please do this:

-- Download DDS by sUBs and save it to your Desktop
-- If your AV has a script blocker, please disable it
-- DoubleClick on dds.scr to run the tool

* A command box will open, displaying added information for your reading pleasure while DDS completes its scan.
* Upon completion, a Dialog Box should open instructing you to save and post the TWO resulting logs (DDS.txt & Attach.txt).

- Copy&Paste the DDS.txt into your next post.
- Please post Attach.txt as an attachment to your post - there is no need to Zip it. If you don’t know how to post an attachment, please Copy&Paste it along with the DDS.txt scanlog.

Cheers :)
PP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.