Hey notryt ,
I had the same thing and I managed to get rid of it. Here's what I did (on Windows 98 SE):
* Install and Run Spyware Guard
* Navigate to C:\Windows\System32 (possibly C:\Windows\System if in Windows XP)
* I deleted any Programs that look like they "shouldn't" be there. They all had icons for the files and ones I had were labelled "Britney Spears", "Monster C*cks" and things to that affect. There must have been about 10 files in all.
* In the same directory, there was also a file called param.dll (or something to that effect - I deleted before noting down what it was but it was the only *.dll file in that directory). If you try and delete it in Windows, it won't let you saying that it is being used.
* I then went into "pure" DOS mode (if you're using a Windows XP, try a Windows 98 SE Boot Disk - You can get one from www.bootdisk.com)
* Once in DOS mode, I navigated to the directory in DOS and typed "attrib -r -a -s -h" to remove any file permissions and then deleted the file manually using "del param.dll" (if that was the file name)
* After this, I rebooted the machine, went to Internet Options and changed the default homepage (a note from Spyguard popped up asking me if I was sure and said "Keep Value".
...and I haven't had any problems since.
I hope that helps. If you not sure or you're having trouble, feel free to drop me a line and I'll see if I can walk you through it in more detail.
hey yer basically i got this special goods info virus on my computer , ive found the param file but as u say u cnt delete from system folder , im not a computer whizz atall so i dnt actually no how to navigate in DOS. i have windows xp and i downloaded a boot disk from the website. could please send a message back talking me throught the process literally step by step , thank u very much