To check hard drive size and how full it is, double click My computer. When that opens right click "C" drive and choose Properties. This will tell you how large the drive is and how full it is.
To find out how much RAM is installed, Right Click My Computer and choose Properties. The first tab shown will tell you how much RAM is installed.

Ok, here it is.

Drive Size: Capacity (29.8GB)
RAM: 0.99GB.

Ok, here it is.

Drive Size: Capacity (29.8GB)
RAM: 0.99GB.

Is that the amount of space left remaining or the total size of the drive?
I need to know exactly how large the hard drive actually is and how much of it is left or unused.
Take a look at my attachment

Is that the amount of space left remaining or the total size of the drive?
I need to know exactly how large the hard drive actually is and how much of it is left or unused.
Take a look at my attachment

10.9GB free space it says.

Well then you only have 1/3 of available space remaining.
Now check your virtual memory settings. To do this Right Click My Computer. Choose Properties. When that opens then click the Advanced Tab. When that opens Choose Performance Settings. When that opens choose Advanced. Tell me what it says at the bottom for Total Paging File Size on all drives. Should be right there at the bottom.
See my attachment

Well then you only have 1/3 of available space remaining.
Now check your virtual memory settings. To do this Right Click My Computer. Choose Properties. When that opens then click the Advanced Tab. When that opens Choose Performance Settings. When that opens choose Advanced. Tell me what it says at the bottom for Total Paging File Size on all drives. Should be right there at the bottom.
See my attachment

It says: 1522MB

It says: 1522MB

Ok, then that is correct.

Do you have a firewall installed?

Do you have a firewall installed?

When I go onto the security settings and the Firewall tab, it's all greyed out (can't edit anything in that tab. It says I do, but not sure which one.

I honestly think we have gone as far as we can go here. This really needs to go to your IT people at school. You said you don't have disks and there really isn't anything now you can do without those disks.

I honestly think we have gone as far as we can go here. This really needs to go to your IT people at school. You said you don't have disks and there really isn't anything now you can do without those disks.

Ok then, but is there something may Speed up my pc 2009 may have edited in my system, because it won't let me open more than 2 programs at once..I have to close a program to open another one.

It has damaged key files, I have told you this before. You need to take this to your IT person when you get back to school, or take it to a local tech near your home.

It has damaged key files, I have told you this before. You need to take this to your IT person when you get back to school, or take it to a local tech near your home.

Ok, I understand. Thanks for trying to help.

Really sorry I couldn't do more for you.

I keep getting this message: Generic Host Process for win32 Services. Can I fix this problem myself? If so, pleasae advise

I keep getting this message: Generic Host Process for win32 Services. Can I fix this problem myself? If so, pleasae advise

You should begin your own thread. Posting a question within someone else's thread is called thread hijacking.
Create your own thread, giving ALL information about the computer and when this error happens and somebody will be happy to help you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.