so what software should you really have, which one is better as well as packages and such. or is there another virus protection program that you can buy that is better than these two?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

so what software should you really have, which one is better as well as packages and such. or is there another virus protection program that you can buy that is better than these two?

There is a free antivirus program available that's better than those two, according to recent antivirus testing.
http://www.free-av.com/

To quote from my linky below:

Two of the best AV products I have found are Kaspersky and NOD32 . The edge would probably go to NOD32.

Some good FREE alternatives are:
AVG Free Edition
AntiVir® Personal Edition Classic
Avast! Home Edition

If you are considering buying a "security suite" from either Norton or McAfee, I would instead point you to Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0

Have a peek at my linky below for more info and tips.

PP :)

I am not very good with computers; I need to know what the best anti virus program would be for me. I had mcafee and it just expired, but it is $70 to renew.... I really dont have the money to do that. All I use my computer for is school.
Please help!

I am not very good with computers; I need to know what the best anti virus program would be for me. I had mcafee and it just expired, but it is $70 to renew.... I really dont have the money to do that. All I use my computer for is school.
Please help!

The three Free options in my post above are all solid choices. You'll find people who prefer AVG, but I like AntiVir the best of the three.

The three Free options in my post above are all solid choices. You'll find people who prefer AVG, but I like AntiVir the best of the three.

If you you want to turn your jet engine into a horse and carriage use Norton or McAffee. Kaspersky is my favourite pay antivirus software. Free stuff...hm...Avast I guess

This is great I really appricate the help.
I downloaded Avast, but now it says Version Tracker Pro... Is that correct or did I leave out a step? I am confused.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.