Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

There's no 'best' in that list because many of them do different things.

I haven't tried everything you have listed there, but some that I like are:

Ad-Aware
CounterSpy
PestPatrol
Spybot
SpywareBlaster

And I would recommend having all of those, not just one.

Xoftspy was one of the better ones that I used. I usually remove my spyware/trojans manually.

NoAdware Seems to to find lots of stuff, but I found that it was a total scam. It finds programs that I have never installed. Also, if you check, it finds registry keys, and files that dont even exist on your system.

As others have said; use multiple anti-spyware programs...or switch to freeBSD if thats an option.

Peace

NoAdware Seems to to find lots of stuff, but I found that it was a total scam.

Yup, and they aren't the only scammersw out there. :(

Before downloading/purchasing any "anti-spyware" utilities, you should always consult this list of recommended vs bogus utilities and websites first:

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

Yeah, there is not any best software, you can to use 2 to 3 or more of them for better protection.
I have used ( and still using ) :-
LavaSoft Ad-aware
Microsoft AntiSpyware
Spybot Search & Destroy
WebRoot Spysweeper
SpywareBlaster (for immunization)

You missed out another good software (and it's free too), called Ewido.

You missed out another good software (and it's free too), called Ewido.

I'm really impressed with ewido, but remember that the free download is just a 30-day trial; after the trial period some of the full features will get disabled (auto-update, real-time protection/monitoring,etc).

Otherwise though, the program does still work after the trial expires. The only real inconvenience is that you'll have to get updates manually, which isn't really any a big deal.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.