I really can't close my explorer. Every time when I click on "X" to close it I receive the message " Internet explorer is not responding- Internet explorer is restarting". My windows is Vista Ultimate.
Before a week in skype i received a message from my friend which said Is this you on the photo" and after that a link to facebook. Of course, i opened the link, after that receiver a message if i allow something or not- an guess what- i allowed it. After that moment my skype started to loop in every 10 or 15 min. It was annoying and i download PC Tools Spyware Doctor- because in the sites they said it is very good- yes, there were viruses which i deleted, but after that moment the problem with the internet explorer appeared.
Thank you in advance, if you could help me...

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Start up in 'safe mode' and roll back your PC to last restore point before you said 'yes' to the problematic link

Thank you very much, but only for a moment i haven't problems with the Explorer. The other thing that happened was that i received 2 messages. One says that Pc tools security service is not working and the other says that-Pc tools tray application is not working. Do i need to do something?

If you have rolled back to an earlier time, the PC Tools Spyware is no longer 'installed' which is why youi have the error. If you want this running on your computer for protection, you need to re install it now.

This is for fred sheehan and the advice to use System Restore;
This is dangerous advice. First, things can and do go wrong when attempting to remove malware. It doesn't remove the infection and can make removal that much harder.
System Restore is meant to restore from very RECENT changes like just day or two, not weeks. System Restore does not backup your data. If you delete or damage a file, System Restore will not recover it. System Restore will NOT uninstall a program. In fact if you have installed a program and find you don't want it if you use System Restore it may leave you with much of the program but it just won't be listed in Add/Remove, making it much harder to uninstall. So please stop recommending this.
Now for irincka; Please do not reinstall SpywareDoctor. That is not one of our recommendations. What you need to do is follow all instructions and do all the scans recommended in our Read Me...sticky.
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread134865.html

Post back here with all the requested logs and then you will be given any other needed instructions to remove this infection from your computer and get it working properly again.
Judy

My windows is Vista Ultimate.

That is probably why. Microsoft nolonger supports windows Vista and as far as I'm aware Microsoft never did support Windows Vista. So upgrade to Windows 7 or at the very least download linux from your local internet hub. WindowsVista==WindowsME.
For all we know Internet Explorer might not be compatible with Windows Vista.

commented: 100% Inaccurate information. Poster needs to check his facts -2

I have followed all the instruction in Read me section. But when i download everything my computer started to perform even worst. It became very very slow. Moreover, I have difficulties with GMER Rootkit Scanner- the program started to scan and do this for 5 or 10 min and than my computer restarts itself. First shows me a blue screen with a text that windows is shutting because there is a problem and this is some kind of protection and than restarts. The other problem is with the Mawarebyte's- I have installed this program before, and now when I try to open it it just doesn't load and I need my Pc restarted. What is more, after downloading all this programs I can't start the Task Manager.
Thank you realy for the help, but now it is even worst and I think to delete all the programs that were listed in Read me.

That is probably why. Microsoft nolonger supports windows Vista and as far as I'm aware Microsoft never did support Windows Vista. So upgrade to Windows 7 or at the very least download linux from your local internet hub. WindowsVista==WindowsME.
For all we know Internet Explorer might not be compatible with Windows Vista.

Have no idea WHERE you saw this but Vista always WAS and STILL is supported until April 2012 by Microsoft as long as SP 2 is installed. Same goes for XP, as long as SP3 is installed it also has support until April 2014.

You are also wrong about Internet Explorer. It is FULLY COMPATIBLE with Vista. It is part of the operating system.
You need to check your facts before posting 100% inaccurate information.

Have no idea WHERE you saw this but Vista always WAS and STILL is supported until April 2012 by Microsoft as long as SP 2 is installed. Same goes for XP, as long as SP3 is installed it also has support until April 2014.

You are also wrong about Internet Explorer. It is FULLY COMPATIBLE with Vista. It is part of the operating system.
You need to check your facts before posting 100% inaccurate information.

I just did a google search and looks like windows Vista is supported until 2011. And I never said Internet Explorer was incompatible but is said Internet Explorer might be incompatible. Big difference. The same is true if you have the wrong version installed. Eg. In Europe some of Microsofts Operating Systems do not come with Internet Explorer leaving human error for installation. But I'm not sure if that is Vista inclusive.
And as for XP. Did I mention anything about XP? I agree with you about the XP part as I never mentioned anything about XP.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.