1. Please open Notepad
- Click Start , then Run
- Type notepad.exe in the Run Box.
2. Now copy/paste the entire content of the codebox below into the Notepad window:
Registry:: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List] "C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\livecall.exe"=- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List] "C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\livecall.exe"=- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List] "C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\livecall.exe"=-
Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.
3. Save the above as CFScript.txt
4. Physically disconnect from the internet.
5. Now STOP all your monitoring programs (Antivirus/Antispyware, Guards and Shields) as they could easily interfere with ComboFix.
6. Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as depicted in the animation below. This will start ComboFix again.
7. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), please post the following reports/logs into your next replyafter you re-enable all the programs that were disabled during the running of ComboFix:
Please take note:
CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.