My laptop was recently infected by HDD Doctor. It will not let me connect to the internet so I'm not able to download any antivirus programs to get rid of it. I've tried rebooting the computer in Safe Mode but HDD Doctor program still pops up and will not let me connect. How can I rid my computer of this??

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

How can I rid my computer of this??

Hi Skygirl,

-- I'm assuming you've got another compy handy that you are posting from?

-- Do you have a USB Flash Drive that you can use to transfer a few cleanup tools to the ill machine? If no flash drive, burning them to CD will work.

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Cheers :)
PP

I'm currently at work but unfortunately I cannot download anything from here. I do have another PC at home which I can download to and transfer files to my sick laptop - won't be able to do that until later this evening. is there a specific site you recommend?

is there a specific site you recommend?

Actually, there is:

HDD Doctor Removal

See if you are able to follow the detailed steps in the linky above.

-- Please post the MBAM Log for me and let me know if you have any trouble along the way.
Often, when a machine is infested with one piece of malware, there is more malware present - so there are a couple other scans I'd like to try after this initial removal.

Will try to check back later tonight.

PP:)

I was able to download to CD and load everything onto my laptop. after 3+ hours of scanning there were over 150 infected files - all successfully removed! thank you for the great help!!

I was able to download to CD and load everything onto my laptop. after 3+ hours of scanning there were over 150 infected files - all successfully removed! thank you for the great help!!

Glad to hear it!
Happy to be able to point you in the right direction :)

I'd still recommend running the other tools in the linky below and posting the logs just in case there is anything remaining:

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread134865.html

'Course, that's up to you.

Cheers :)
PP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.