I would recommend you use to seagate, buffalo hard disk. It is compatible with a lot of operating systems, try it. Buy a hard disk that have around 500 GB. After you get it go and back up your stuft and reformat your computer. Keep posting updates about the process

The poster is not purchasing a new hard drive, the poster is reformatting the computer, there is no need to purchase a new hard drive.

i could have been one of those blue men intel used to advertise their pentium 4 processors! :D although red ears and green palms might have let that job slip from my hands! :P

on the bright side i did learn a lot of new things from the replies that you, judy, and crunchie had given. a bit more aware of the dangers that lurk out there. :) and @gerbil, thanks for giving me the time and posting on how sality works. really appreciate it.

as of now, im waiting for an external drive from my friend, once i get that, ill start the backup and reformat process.

thanks again for all the help.
somjit.

The poster stated that he will get an external hard drive from his friend to backup his data, i am recommending him good external hard drive that will crash less.

commented: You have all ready been told not to post in this forum but you continue to do so. Please stop. -2

The poster stated that he will get an external hard drive from his friend to backup his data, i am recommending him good external hard drive that will crash less.

That may be, however, he is going to borrow one from his friend which he plainly stated so he does not need to purchase one or maybe cannot afford at this time to purchase one. He does have access to one so telling him to purchase one is not necessary. You have all ready been told not to post in this forum, yet you continue to do so. I am telling you again, do not post in this forum.

its been a long time...
i wish i could comeback earlier but i couldn't.. the net provider's tower got hit by lightning!! most of the wires were burned..and the electricity carried through the wires burned the hardware of one of my neighbors pc as well. fortunately my internet cable line was disconnected from the pc! thank god!
i did reformat my computer,its working fine right now. thank you so much jholland, gerbil and crunchie for giving me the support:) right now im posting this from college, my 4th semester ended just a few days ago.. hopefully ill have net at my home soon. and then ill be back here at daniweb :)

once again, thanks a lot guys.
cheers :)

Life throws up lots of interesting situations.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.