Okay. My neighbor got into trouble. First, with some kind of infection (he thinks) and then by calling me after he ran ComboFix (he wanted me to 'tell him what it means')! So, I am going to ask here for help. Attached is his CF Log and if some can help me with it I'll help him. O, and don't worry... he won't be running CF again without first asking for assistance online. ;)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Okay. My neighbor got into trouble. First, with some kind of infection (he thinks) and then by calling me after he ran ComboFix (he wanted me to 'tell him what it means')! So, I am going to ask here for help. Attached is his CF Log and if some can help me with it I'll help him. O, and don't worry... he won't be running CF again without first asking for assistance online. ;)

And the other thing - he just told me that he couldn't get CF to run for several tries (error that it was corrupted or it just hung) but finally 'got it going' in Safe Mode. (Sorry for the quotes... not really funny but frustrating).

Who told him to use combofix? Multiple OTHER tools would have to be run before anyone would tell him to run combofix. It should NEVER be run as a matter of course as it is for use only for specific types of infections, Using it without supervision by the helper on a forum who requested is never advised. No helper would request it without first seeing all OTHER logs from all the other tools run.

Also, we do not open attached files here. All logs must be copy/pasted.

The only steps we will begin with are those found in our Read Me Sticky.

Once those steps are completed then post back here with the requested logs and they must be copy/pasted or we will not read them.
http://www.daniweb.com/hardware-and-software/microsoft-windows/viruses-spyware-and-other-nasties/threads/134865

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.