I am working on a friends computer, and they had Norton 2003, they bought the newest 2006 version and we downloaded it online (dial up) and it took several hours. So when I ran setup, it does a scan of the system to make sure that it can install properly. It came up with a box saying to uninstall 2003, so I did. Then when I tried to install it again, it came up with an error, and said to uninstall it then install it. But it wasnt in the add/remove folder- but Live Update was, so I uninstalled that. I had to restart the computer because I had made changes. It shut down, but when it went to restart, the windows xp came up- then goes directly to a blue screen saying fatal error. and won't go any further.
I tried f12 in safe mode- it still comes up with an error, and won't load. I tried Norton Go Back, and the only go back time was 5 minutes early (after the problem). I tried putting in the disc the computer came with- that comes up to repair windows- but I need an administrator password- and since they didn't set up the computer, they have no idea what it is.
I could really use some help as this is not my computer, and I am not sure what to do from this point. Thank you so very much!!

12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by DMR
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.