Hi, I have been trying to get rid of this thing i have downloaded a few free malware programs to try and get rid of it but cant seem to get rid of it any advice? I have scanned with

Malwarebytes
Ad-aware
Super Anti spy

they all caught things that the other didnt but nothing that got rid of the problem. Also if this helps sometimes it will even open my browser to a web page by itself. the same type that it redirects me to. Also when playing a full screen game it will take that out of full screen and not do anything. Also malewarebytes keeps saying it stopped something from changing my search setting every time i restart my computer

any help is helpful ty :)

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I know those Google Redirect viruses can be frustrating. First off, what browser are you using? Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome? Second, download Hijack This and run it and copy and paste your log file here. This will allow me to go through it and see if you have any processes or BHOs, EXEs or anything else that looks suspicious. Finally when you ran the software you used was it in Normal mode or Safe Mode? If you can provided that I'll take a look at it and see if we can get you resolved.

...download Hijack This and run it and copy and paste your log file here. ...If you can provided that I'll take a look at it and see if we can get you resolved.

HijackThis is next to useless these days.

We prefer people to follow the steps in the link posted by crunchie earlier - they give us a much more thorough look at the computer.

Here are the 'rules and regulations' for the forum:

http://www.daniweb.com/hardware-and-software/microsoft-windows/viruses-spyware-and-other-nasties/threads/368036

http://www.daniweb.com/hardware-and-software/microsoft-windows/viruses-spyware-and-other-nasties/threads/134865

-- Any knowledgeable and thorough assistance you wish to provide is welcome here as long as the "standard operating procedure" linked above is followed.

Cheers :)
PP

Oh my bad, sorry about that. I work in the security sector and use HJT all the time and admit it has some downfalls lol. I'll go over those rules and regs though to be sure in the future I abide by them. Thanks for the link.

Oh my bad, sorry about that. I work in the security sector and use HJT all the time and admit it has some downfalls lol. I'll go over those rules and regs though to be sure in the future I abide by them. Thanks for the link.

No worries! :)

HJT was great about 5-7 years ago. But these days it just doesn't show the detail needed for today's malware.
I'm sure you'll find that DDS or OTL are far better tools. Both will give you all the info HJT does and then some.... We use DDS in our "Read Me First" sticky, but OTL may actually be the better tool - It is more versatile, but using it is more complex.

-- Anyhoo, welcome to Daniweb - we are always happy to have knowledgeable volunteers who want to give a little of their free time to help others.

Best :)
PP

i am currently still trying to get rid of this i have tried a few things that i have read here and a few things i have read other places nothing seems to be helping

I have run a scan and have found the problem and i got rid of it then had to do a system restore when i restarted and its back. I dono what to do about this its starting to get me mad

Follow the instructions given in the link that I previously provided and post the logs back here.
We cannot help until you do that.

Do NOTHING else other than what is requested.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.