Okie.. i tried to end some of the tasks that could of possibly been an act of a spyware or a virus. And well.. for some reason terminated the task manager..

FOR GOOD!

Any idea how i can get it back? "I use Windows XP"

I've got the same problem on my computer too.
I'm also getting all these popups and no antivirus software has been able to eliminate them... they seem to grow back.
I'm pulling out the last remnants of my hair.

I did notice one thing on my computer... if I reboot the computer and hit ctrl alt del immediately ... the task manager will come up... if I wait too long... It won't come up.

Good luck..
I hope someone posts a solution.
Andre Abreu

Okie.. i tried to end some of the tasks that could of possibly been an act of a spyware or a virus. And well.. for some reason terminated the task manager..

FOR GOOD!

Any idea how i can get it back? "I use Windows XP"

I am having the same problem among many other things, I did find a way to open it though. Do a search for taskmgr.exe when it pops up on the screen right click and choose "open containing folder" then find taskmgr.exe and create a shortcut (on the desktop) . For now you can use the shortcut on the desktop to access it, that alone will not open it for me, I also have to right click on that desktop shortcut and choose "run as" and the first 2 boxes should be chosen and then I click "ok" and it will open.

I am not an expert at all but this is what I had to do for a temporary fix.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.