Howdie from the land down under! I have been sent crazy-er by the ever persistent Surf Accuracy and had tried everything under the sun. It did not exist in add/remove programs, AdAware did nothing, two different high end anti-virus programs failed and SpyBot would identify and "fix" it but rescan and presto there it was... :evil: And nothing unusual appeared in HJT!! :sad: I did a bit of research and then ran SpyBot again, this time clicking the box to identify what it was fixing. What I found was that something had written in a registry file that loaded the thing from the web location. So here was my fixit that did the trick for me. I welcome comments and please, check the pathing on your Spybot to make sure its the same.
Go to "Run"...type in "Regedit" and open. Here is the path to this little nasty that I found...
Carefully follow the path in the reg edit to the folder for contentmatch.net and delete that folder.
Close out regedit. I then followed up CCleaner and ran my Avast! virus program just before rebooting and then checked again with SpyBot. The little buggar is gone.....dead......history..... :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Hope this works for you and that the big boys here have a look to make sure this won't be a bit much for some users.
Thanks for being here!!