Hi everyone.

I got a realy annoying prob with virus notifiers by spyfalcon in my tray.
I cant seem to be able to get rid of it. its an icon that is just a link to spyfalcon but it says I have a virus. ( I suspect spyfalcon is the virus!)

I think I know where I got it too.
I was asked to update windows media and blamo....there it was.
since then I cant get rid of it. I suspect it to be trojan cos I think it has downloaded more stuff since then. I keep getting popup windows withought the web browser being open.

The Icon in the tray is now permanent and impossible for me to remove withought help.

Can someone please direct me to the right information to resolve this #$%$# (issue)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

1.Spybot search and destroy.

2.Norton antivirus software.

1.Spybot search and destroy.

2.Norton antivirus software.

Nope- neither of those utilities will entirely remove that family of infections.

Hi azzbel, welcome to the site :)
I'm moving this to our Viruses, Spyware, and other Nasties forum; you'll get assistance there shortly.

OK- step #1 in the cleaning process:

Download the (free) HijackThis utility:

Once downloaded, follow these instructions to install and run the program:

Create a folder for HJT outside of any Temp/Temporary folders and move/extract HijackThis to that folder now. A folder such such as C:\HijackThis or C:\Spyware Tools\HijackThis will do.

Run HijackThis, but do not have HJT fix anything yet; only have it scan your system! Once the scan is complete, the "Scan" button will turn into an option to "Save log...".
Save the log in the folder you created for HijackThis; the saved file will be named "hijackthis.log". Open the log file with Windows Notepad, and cut-n-paste the entire contents of the Notepad file here.

The log contents will tell us a lot about what "nasties" have crept into your system, and once we analyse the log we can tell you what to do from there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.