I down loaded one of those Anti Maleware removal thingys It said my PC had over 1000 problems which they could fix if i Bought thier productWhich if any is the best Anti Malware Program????Cheers

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

The one that Microsoft usually recomments is MalwareBytes Anti-Malware as can be found here

commented: My favourite too. :-) +5

MalwareBytes is good. ClamWin/ClamAV is also, and is free and open source - and the most recommended one for Apple products.

Thanks for that will give it a try **Have got Malware Bytes and Spy bot **I am trying to get rid of Virtumonde

Any program that says you have over 1000 problems is most likely a scam. Even legitimate programs can over-inflate the threat by counting each cookie as a possible vector. Chances are you have some problems but not nearly as many as stated. Use what was suggested - Malwarebytes Antimalware.

also see my response to Vitumonde above
M

Spybot used to be the Bees knees until Malwarebytes came along. There is nothing better than Malwarebytes out there.

Have you used any freeware security software ?

Hi All Thanks for your help ..Seems to have solved the problem !!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.