I'm running through the Malware Removal Guide I found through MajorGeeks and have discovered that I am unable to download the GetRunKey file as it states. I googled the file name and found Daniweb. Can anyone help me? My computer has been on a rapid downhill slide thanks to my 2 teenage boys, and I'm eager to get this removal completed so I can see whether it has any impact on the performance or not.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

GetRunKey is a tool created by my friend Chaslang at Majorgeeks.
If you are following the "Read and Run Me First" that he wrote, I suggest going ahead and posting a thread for help in his Forum and let him know you had difficulty downloading GetRunKey.

Best Luck :)
PP

I posted a request for help and got a reply telling me to check "Remember Me"...I did - several times - with no success. The other download (ShowNow) worked just fine. It makes me think it's not me!

I posted a request for help and got a reply telling me to check "Remember Me"...I did - several times - with no success. The other download (ShowNow) worked just fine. It makes me think it's not me!

I do not know what to tell you - GetRunKey is a tool that is proprietary to majorgeeks and to my knowledge is not used in other forums.
You'd be better off asking Chas about any issues with the downloads.

PP :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.