Not sure if n e one here can give me an insight, but I have a XP home edition and when i press CntL/Alt/Del button i get just the body of the window, with the services listing, and not the whole window. It doesn't show the tabs.

so i can't click on the Application tab or n e thing like that.

is there a way i can do a paste on the copy of image on this forum, so people can see wut i am talkin' 'bout.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I know what you mean & have seen a similar problem B4, but cannot recollect where. Will try to remember.

Yes with the Print Screen button above the [insert][home][page Up] buttons
and then go to paint and click the edit menu and then paste. It would be interesting to know how it looks like..

I couldn't past here but i pasted to the attached word file.

Your missing the upper layer, how weird..

Edit:
I've been searching on the net with google, but I couldn't find anything..

thnkx for the attempt. I have already tried to rename the old taskmgr.exe and copying a taskmgr.exe from another computer and that didn't help. It's just really weird.

have you tried pressing any of the F keys (that row of keys above the number keys) some times (the ones near the end F8 and beyong) have special functions with windows (ie hiding parts of them and such) just a thought.

just found your answer when tweaking with my task manager

double click in the space around it (the border of it) and it should return to normal. if you double click on mine it hids the border just like yours (in fact it looked identical) so i double clicked again in the border area and it came back.

I was just about to suggest the same typo. Found it on another site. Apparently that happens when task manager is in full screen.

I'll have to try that when i am at my copmuter..thnx. u guys are the BOMB!!

thank u it workeD!! stranger is why i didn't figure it out for myself, i click around it before as well,...hmmm.. maybe it's just dumb unluck. LOL.

The bomb? We didn't explode yet :D
And it isn't you, its always weird windows and its antics!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.