I have downloaded a free screensaver from the web lately and have caused problems in the wupdater.exe file I have deleted all traces of this screensaver now but i still get program not responding from the wupdater.exe file every time i logoff from my PC Any idea of how i am going to get this wupdater.exe file working properly ?
Thank You

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I seriously dump that screen savers. Uninstall it run Windows update run your spyware software and better yet after all that do a virus scan. Be very careful downloading "free" screen savers on your PC.

Any idea of how i am going to get this wupdater.exe file working properly ?
Thank You

You won't, you'll remove it- it's spyware. Either you got it with the screensaver, or the spyware that was bundled with screensaver caused a conflict with spyware currently on your system that had already installed wupdater.exe

I'm moving this to the Security forum since this is a "malware" issue. Read the "Helping Yourself" post at the top of the forum to find out how to download and use the recommended spyware removal tools. If you've got wupdater on your system, you've got other "nasties" in there as well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.