Hey all, any help with this is greatly appreciated.
My computer, P4 1.7, Win XP Pro, became infected over the last couple weeks with terrible adware, trojans, viruses, etc. I ran several antivirus and adware programs, including McAfee, Norton, Adaware and Spybot. On last restart after running Spybot, no programs (except IE) will run. Any link I click on, including System Restore, resulted in the message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association for it in the folders options control panel." I tried to do that, now I click on programs and absolutely nothing happens. I only get the previous message when clicking on non .exe files such as media files.

Any way to save the computer at this point, short of formatting the drive?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Probaly, but it would be way more work that formating and reinstalling to be honest.

Probaly, but it would be way more work that formating and reinstalling to be honest.

Any suggestions?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.