I've recently installed AVG Anti-Virus free edition. I've done a couple of scans with no viruses found. Then today I did a scan, and right at the beginning of the scan this showed up under the "file" list ( Partition Table MBR) and under the result/infection list it said " Change ).

Does anyone know why this info showed up during the virus scan? I do know that MBR stands for master boot record ..... what does it all mean?

Thanks;

Dougie

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Between scans did you make any alterations to the partitions on your HD? All primary partitions [and perhaps one extended partition] are recorded in the MBR; AVG will detect alterations....
If you did, tell it to accept the change.

Thanks gerbil. I suspected that, but wasn't sure. I did partition off the rest of my new 320 gb HDD using the disc management system. Never did that before LOL!!

Thanks for your help :)

Dougie

PS: Whre do you tell AVG to accept the changes. Looked everywhere and can't find it?

Just after you do a scan and it finds something... you only get the option then.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.