So i just finished building my computer and so i boot it up. It starts but stops at a black screen that shows my Main Processor, My Memory, and my IDE's. On the bottom it says "Keyboard error or no keyboard present" when there is a keyboard plugged in. I turned it on and off a couple times and still nothing. I tried to plug in a USB keyboard and still the error didnt change. I then tried to reset the BIOS and after i tried that i got an error on top of the keyboard one saying "CMOS checksum error - Defaults loaded". Im not sure what to do, can anyone help me?

btw this is my mobo: http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?f...2_no=&cat3_no=

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

dont bump threads.

and are you sure you have plugged in a working ps2 keyboard and that its in the right socket (not the mouse one!)

yes its in the purple socket lol and ive tried 2 different working PS2 keyboards

i think your motherboard is screwed then

its normal for it not to recognise USB ones (you sometimes need to enable that in the BIOS)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.