Everytime I run Spybot to look for problems, it comes up with the same 3 problems. They are:
HuntBar 1 problem
Retrieve 1 Problem
DSO Exploit 5 problems

Is there something I need to do in order to get rid of these problems ???

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I don't know about the first 2 things you mentioned, but before Spybot was picking up the DSO Exploit when it wasn't there...something about a bug in their stuff. I'm not sure if that is still it or not....it's still doing it on mine too. If it is, you can just ignore it. But I'd wait and make sure after one of the other members verifies it. :) Just letting you know what they were saying before. :)

Before you set spybot to ignore the DSO exploit, make sure you have all the microsoft updates & patches installed.
Try Adaware to clean up those others. If that does not work, you can post a hijackthis log.

Download & instal Adaware from here
& update it before scanning.
In settings under 'scanning,' have it set to
'scan within archives,'
'scan active processes,'
'scan registry,'
'deepscan registry'
'scan my IE Favourites for banned URL's,'
'scan my host's file.'
In 'tweaks' under 'scanning engine' set it to 'unload recognised processes during scanning.'
Also in 'tweaks' under 'cleaning engine' set it to 'Automatically try to unregister objects prior to deletion' & 'let Windows remove files in use at next reboot.'
Select 'activate in-depth scan' before starting scan.
When the scan is finished select 'next.'
Remove what it finds by placing a check in the box to the left of the object. Reboot

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.