hello..i need help...this error message keeps on poping up and i need to get rid of it..It wont let me play any of my games and it is really making me mad..Can anyone help me?

Cannot find 'flie:///c:/WINDOWS/privacy_danger/index.htm'. Make sure the path or internet address is correct.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hello my friend I'm not 100% sure but i've just searched your problem and found a few solutions. here is one of them.

http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/623250-solved-trojan-32-looksky-ultimate.html

read this thread and if you wish follow the instructions.(try it on your own risk).

i think your problem is a trojan called trojan.32.looksky,

PS: Never use Internet explorer !! unless you need Active X control,

Use Mozilla Firefox-faster, safer and much better.

sorry about my bad English . oh and good luck!

how can I remove this trojen, i have a red screen , my wallpaper is gone can't get rid of red screen with devil sign.and pop ups constantly wanting me to download spyware program over and over. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how can I remove this trojen, i have a red screen , my wallpaper is gone can't get rid of red screen with devil sign.and pop ups constantly wanting me to download spyware program over and over. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried several anti-spyware, anti-malware, antivirus, etc to eliminate this "privacy_danger" thing, but no luck.

You might want to try these:

Delete every registry entry that has the keyword: privacy_danger. Just be sure you know that the entry that you are going to delete is belong to the BAD guy, and not belongs to another GOOD guy.

To do this go to START MENU> RUN > [and type: REGEDIT and press ENTER]
After you on the REGEDIT, press F3 (Find) to search entries with privacy_danger keywords.

About the screen, I go to Control Panel > Display > Click "Display Properties" Tab > Click Customize Desktop (on bottom left) > go to "Web" tab.

The default option on the WEB tab is "My Current Home Page", if there's another option that you know you didn't put it, it might be the job of that devil on the red screen that annoys you. Check the option beside "My Current Home Page" and click delete on the right side. Try to refresh your desktop screen after that.

Hope it helps. It works for my windows xp. At least until I write this post. Well, I got no pop-up windows until now...

No doubt though that your pc is still infected.

thanks for info, much appreciated.....tee

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.